U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:18 AM

21,875 posts, read 27,138,998 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Kings Mountain (in the city) & moved here from the Philly suburbs (Cherry Hill). I might be able to give you some comparisons that you can identify with. I have not been here a long time, but I will do my best if you need to know something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM

118 posts, read 334,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Did you see my suggestions above?
I did and I will check everything out I have so much to do need to decide where will be the best place to move
Thanks for all your information's

Old 08-25-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I currently live in Kings Mountain (in the city) & moved here from the Philly suburbs (Cherry Hill). I might be able to give you some comparisons that you can identify with. I have not been here a long time, but I will do my best if you need to know something.
wow you lived in Cherry Hill, please do so(comparisons) Mount Holly is my place not to fare from Cherry Hill, went to college at Rutgers, Camden .Love the Mall , the mall is so big now.
You know NJ is very expensive is has it good and bad sides, but for me is time to leave the state

Old 08-25-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggi1 View Post
wow you lived in Cherry Hill, please do so(comparisons) Mount Holly is my place not to fare from Cherry Hill, went to college at Rutgers, Camden .Love the Mall , the mall is so big now.
You know NJ is very expensive is has it good and bad sides, but for me is time to leave the state
I understand totally. That's why I'm here.

The Eastridge Mall in Gastonia is a decent mall. (think Moorestown mall) Also, there is a shopping strip on Franklin Blvd in Gastonia that concentrates a huge selection of stores & is much more convenient that driving around in South Jersey to get to the same stores.

The biggest difference here is the supermarkets. However, there is a chain called Ingles which has supermarkets in Kings Mountain & Dallas (a small town in Gaston County) that is as close as you will find to the big supermarkets in South Jersey. There is an Aldi in Gastonia & another in Shelby. I usually go to the stores in Gastonia, but sometimes go to the ones in Shelby. I can get to the shopping in either town in 15 minutes or less (usually 10 minutes).

What ComfortFood told you is absolutely the truth.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Another thing that is different from South Jersey is that some of Kings Mountain is within the city limits & the rest is unincorporated.

The mail all comes from the same post office & children attend the same schools, but services are different within the city. Think Burlington City & Burlington Twp.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Another thing that is different from South Jersey is that some of Kings Mountain is within the city limits & the rest is unincorporated.

The mail all comes from the same post office & children attend the same schools, but services are different within the city. Think Burlington City & Burlington Twp.
is a Castco in the area, and a good Kennel for my dogs so when I go on vacation I can boarder my dogs. I have a very important question, the drivers licenses do i have to take a written test and a driving test in NC after my move? Gosh I hope not, I will fail , driving a long time.How fare to the beach and to the mountains?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggi1 View Post
is a Castco in the area, and a good Kennel for my dogs so when I go on vacation I can boarder my dogs. I have a very important question, the drivers licenses do i have to take a written test and a driving test in NC after my move? Gosh I hope not, I will fail , driving a long time.How fare to the beach and to the mountains?
There are kennels.

The 2 nearest Costcos are Charlotte & Spartanburg, SC.

Yes, you have to take a written test to change your license. If you do well enough, they might waive the road test. I did well enough that the road test was waived.

Ashville is in the mountains & is about 90 miles away. The beach is about 3 hours away.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:21 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,642,987 times
There is a Sam's Club in Gastonia.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
There is a Sam's Club in Gastonia.
thank you but I like Costco

Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
There are kennels.

The 2 nearest Costcos are Charlotte & Spartanburg, SC.

Yes, you have to take a written test to change your license. If you do well enough, they might waive the road test. I did well enough that the road test was waived.

Ashville is in the mountains & is about 90 miles away. The beach is about 3 hours away.
darn abot the DMV, maybe i should move to SC ,all what I have to do is exchange my NJ license to SC one. Always could move on the boarder SC/NC or get a driver license manual ans study
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte