U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:54 PM

209 posts, read 262,323 times

Advertisements

I looked for a container store near here now that i offically moved here! (yes i have a job!)

I find there is none is there any stores down here that is alike?

The Container Store - The Original Storage and Organization Store®

Im sad because it was my favorite organizing store for closet system..

any suggestions besides going back to chicago and buying it there. I'd like to think theres a good local place that can better that store!

on side note! I have had nothing but great welcoming here in the city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 PM

44,880 posts, read 56,395,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmanak View Post
I looked for a container store near here now that i offically moved here! (yes i have a job!)

I find there is none is there any stores down here that is alike?

The Container Store - The Original Storage and Organization Store®

Im sad because it was my favorite organizing store for closet system..

any suggestions besides going back to chicago and buying it there. I'd like to think theres a good local place that can better that store!

on side note! I have had nothing but great welcoming here in the city!
Looks like they have a location in Atlanta - why not take a road trip one weekend soon? (About a four hour drive). Welcome to Charlotte - we aren't perfect, but we are pleasant

Old 08-24-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Looks like they have a location in Atlanta - why not take a road trip one weekend soon? (About a four hour drive). Welcome to Charlotte - we aren't perfect, but we are pleasant

I love road tripping but I dont think my fiance would want to do one anytime soon>> took us 15 hrs from chicago to clt due to the insane construction in indiana

Old 08-25-2009, 04:05 AM

494 posts, read 861,988 times
There is a similiar type of store...I cannot for the life of me remember the name. However, it is located over on Pineville-Matthews Rd & Carmel...in the plaza where The Fresh Market is located. It is right next to The Party Store.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 AM

997 posts, read 3,186,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
There is a similiar type of store...I cannot for the life of me remember the name. However, it is located over on Pineville-Matthews Rd & Carmel...in the plaza where The Fresh Market is located. It is right next to The Party Store.
It's called Space Savers, they have a websiter here:
Space Savers - Closet Organizers - Kitchen, Bathroom, Garage

Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 AM

38 posts, read 91,589 times
Container store is the store I miss the most in Charlotte also! Space savers might have some of what you need, but it is not the nirvana for Type A's that is the Container store - it is cluttered and unorganized and sells stuff you can buy at Walmart. We have had the in-laws pick up Elfa orders in Atlanta and bring it up - nice consolation prize for a visit! Good luck...
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 AM

14,699 posts, read 13,994,824 times
IKEA has a lot of stuff to "organize your life", does it not?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 AM

3,117 posts, read 3,776,438 times
I don't like the Space Savers store as much as the Container Store. It's been awhile since I've been to a Container Store, but if I remember correctly it is much larger and has many more organizational items that the Space Saver store in Carmel Commons. You might find what you need there though!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 AM

257 posts, read 403,695 times
I like the Container Store and just moved back from Chicago. Charlotte will probably get one eventually. I would love to see it in the old Home Depot Design Center in Midtown!

FYI - I was stuck in Indiana traffic too. Did they get all of the stimulus funds??? haha.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Thank you so much!!!

I will check them out this weekend!

at this point any place will do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte