U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
 
2,560 posts, read 3,898,024 times
Reputation: 1004
I miss you guys! Well, unfortunately I caught a nasty cold last week and just started feeling better yesterday. Now that I'm a working girl again, well and being pooped from being sick, I didn't visit the forum that much. I'm just tryign to get back in the swing of things again. Job is good and everyone is so nice.

 
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,042 posts, read 7,878,561 times
Reputation: 2206
we've missed you, too nancy! glad the job is going well, but, sorry about the cold.
 
Unread 02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
 
2,560 posts, read 3,898,024 times
Reputation: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
we've missed you, too nancy! glad the job is going well, but, sorry about the cold.
Thanks Chi! Well, this weekend I'll be "nurse" nancy as DH caught my cold. Well, I'm off to bed, see y'all in the am.
 
Unread 02-06-2010, 03:04 AM
 
Location: Sol System
1,369 posts, read 1,392,509 times
Reputation: 899
Good morning , everyone.
Albeit unusual for me to be here now , but I have to work.
Beats sitting at home looking crazy , LOL!!
 
Unread 02-06-2010, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,042 posts, read 7,878,561 times
Reputation: 2206
good morning, everyone. Eta...always good to make hay when the sun shines as they say!!

'course, not so much sun shining here...but, at least we are not dealing with 3 feet of snow!!
 
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
33,992 posts, read 37,849,920 times
Reputation: 16827
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
good morning, everyone. Eta...always good to make hay when the sun shines as they say!!

'course, not so much sun shining here...but, at least we are not dealing with 3 feet of snow!!
So so true . . . been looking for photos of DC . . .
 
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
12,033 posts, read 10,651,918 times
Reputation: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So so true . . . been looking for photos of DC . . .
Here ya go, Ani. Washington DC - Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Events, Breaking News | NBC Washington

Did you notice that the networks spent the last couple of days refering to the storm hitting DC, Baltimore & Philadelphia as hitting the MidAtlantic?
 
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
33,992 posts, read 37,849,920 times
Reputation: 16827
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Here ya go, Ani. Washington DC - Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Events, Breaking News | NBC Washington

Did you notice that the networks spent the last couple of days refering to the storm hitting DC, Baltimore & Philadelphia as hitting the MidAtlantic?
Nice link, SB!

Funny you mentioned that . . . not only had I noticed it, so had hubby. We discussed that over early coffee this morning.

When we were in the midwest, we were used to hearing that particular section of cities/states being referred to as Mid-Atlantic, but it seemed to include a bit more - into Virginia and on occasion, NC.
 
Unread 02-06-2010, 12:15 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
12,033 posts, read 10,651,918 times
Reputation: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Nice link, SB!

Funny you mentioned that . . . not only had I noticed it, so had hubby. We discussed that over early coffee this morning.

When we were in the midwest, we were used to hearing that particular section of cities/states being referred to as Mid-Atlantic, but it seemed to include a bit more - into Virginia and on occasion, NC.
YW, Ani.

Yup, Philadelphia to Richmond is the area that everyone agrees is the MidAtlantic.

In geography class, in elementary school (That shows how old I am.), we were taught about the MidAtlantic, That is definitely Philadelphia & southern NJ to Richmond, but that some included NC &, occasionally NY.

It's the transition area, from north to south.

I see a lot of the MidAtlantic in this area.
 
Unread 02-06-2010, 02:09 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
12,033 posts, read 10,651,918 times
Reputation: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So so true . . . been looking for photos of DC . . .
Since you have family in the area, here's something from Philadelphia, Ani. There's some great videos. The one from the art museum steps might be the best.

CBS3.com - Philadelphia's Source For Breaking News, Weather, Traffic and Sports
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top