U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 05:26 PM

21,982 posts, read 27,269,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Not agreeing is part of the discussion - you are so right. And a lot of what we post would be "opinion" - and there is no right or wrong on that! What turns me on may turn you off, and vice versa. I don't see why it has to get mean spirited if someone disagrees - that doesn't mean they should RETALIATE. Dang. Adults should be able to have conversations with different viewpoints and not get so angry when others don't see it their way . . . and certainly not retaliate just b/c their viewpoint gets challenged. But that is exactly what has been occurring. Silly, if you ask me.
Very silly, indeed...

After I wrote that last post, I was thinking. . . What in blue blazes do those people want to call people who have moved here from elsewhere? Displaced persons????

Old 02-28-2010, 05:35 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Very silly, indeed...

After I wrote that last post, I was thinking. . . What in blue blazes do those people want to call people who have moved here from elsewhere? Displaced persons????
You remember after Katrina - that folks in the 9th Ward got all huffy and upset cause anchors on TV were referring to them as "refugees from Katrina's wrath," and "refugees from flooded 9th ward," etc. They said they were not refugees. Well, I had to laugh, b/c that is exactly the right use of the word. But no no . . . they were "displaced citizens" . . .

Old 02-28-2010, 05:45 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,129,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
hold on I gotta catch up it took me forever to go up 85 today
Im assuming it was CIAA traffic but it was weird it didnt back up until 2 miles towards
Mallard Creek Rd then it took 30 minutes to go 2 miles.
Im going catch up take some stuff off the stove in Cafe World of Face book then
watch Amazing Race then Under Cover Boss so maybe we can discuss this tomorrow.
Bajanqueen i'm trying to clean up this forum. Rudeness is flaming and flaming is a
personal attack use report post button and hopefully I will have this more enjoyable
forum by the Spring. Ill lurk in here around 11 or see yall tomorrow.
yeah, I wonder what was up on 85 north today? tried to go the back way to Concord Mills, it was backed up too...had to take 49....

ANYWAY.....yes, the disagreements were a lot more volatile a few months ago with certain folks just taking the greatest offense at the slightest form of disagreement or statement of fact that might differ from what THEY thought was proper. Sometimes, it was pretty intense. But, I think that Sunny has been doing a good job and a lot of those kind of flamers are no longer on the forum; or, it would not appear so.

As far as others stalking people and complaining incessantly, I would assume that those that were stalked made their form of complaint, too. S. Belle showed us that she can see the DMs and can take action on those, too. So, wouldn't that be the way to go? I hope that Ani & Loves do not stop posting, (and pink, too) as these are three friends that I have made as a result of being on this board. I am very confident in Sunny's fair and impartial moderation.

As for me, when I get annoyed at something, I usually just cool off by not posting on that topic for a bit and then maybe I go back and lurk, just not post. After all, this is supposed to be fun, not aggrevaiting!

Sunny, I know that you will take care of business properly and wisely. S. Belle might have been a little too strict, but, then, maybe she had to be to regain control of something that was getting a little too out of hand.

I will go back to watching my Rachel Ray rerun (TIVO) and not worry about it any more!!

Old 02-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
You remember after Katrina - that folks in the 9th Ward got all huffy and upset cause anchors on TV were referring to them as "refugees from Katrina's wrath," and "refugees from flooded 9th ward," etc. They said they were not refugees. Well, I had to laugh, b/c that is exactly the right use of the word. But no no . . . they were "displaced citizens" . . .
Some people get offended entirely too easily....

Old 02-28-2010, 05:48 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,199,196 times
Different opinions are part of the reason people ask questions. I mean if I wanted one opinion and the "oh, everything is wonderful here" junk I would go on the subject of my question's official website. Duh.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:53 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,056,725 times
You know the old saying, "you can't please all the people all the time". Did I get it right?

Old 02-28-2010, 06:48 PM

21,982 posts, read 27,269,275 times
Quote:
ROFL!!!!!!

People should just get over being so picky.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 PM

Undercover Boss tonight: WHITE CASTLE!!! Tune in....now

Old 03-01-2010, 05:00 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,873,378 times
Good morning , everyone!!
Hopefully it won't snow Tuesday , it has been enough as it is , IMO!!

Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 AM

mornin' all, supposed to be a nice day today...enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte