U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 PM

124 posts, read 181,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I should hope that when someone challenges your thoughts, you would not consider that an attack. You write as though you have been in debate classes (a compliment!) so I would think you are very capable of defending your point of view without feeling attacked.

Again - not trying to butt heads with you! Just saying - I believe you are making more out of that simple statement of Sunny's than was ever intended. And I agree with you that the other sentences you wrote would be rude.

Let's just talk about the storm and be friends, ok? Please?
Nope, no debate classes, and I appreciate the complement.

1 more thing, I've been reading these forums for quite some time before I became a poster. And I've seen the main few that post often evolve and choose their words differently when there have been heavy discussions over opinions. Mr' Kayaks post was definitly worded carefully, because I've seen in the past where the "a lot of" part would have been left out. I still can't see how anyone who was a newcomer would be happy with that statement.

But you are right in suggesting we move on. Because sometimes when people ask for opinions they really mean everyone agree with me and make me feel better.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,149,306 times
Sounds good! Keep a weather eye out, Ani.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:21 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,147,825 times
I was waiting for CHI to come back and tell me if she figured out which storm in the past a weather person had said looked a lot like this pattern - I hope she finds that reference, cause now I am hyped about comparing our current system to one in the past, lol.

Oh, please, please - tell me it isn't that Nor'easter of 1993. Guess I better go see what NOAA and TWC are saying and maybe I can figure out what it is that CHI heard.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM

124 posts, read 181,845 times
No Snow Please! 2 was enough for the year

Old 03-01-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu-dog View Post
No Snow Please! 2 was enough for the year
You better be getting the sled ready. We are planning a meetup.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 PM

Here's what NOAA is saying - doesn't look like much accumulation to me.

Sledding Party is on hold til further notice, LOL!!!

Overnight: A chance of snow after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tuesday: Snow likely before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 39. Northeast wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. North wind between 8 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 45. North wind between 8 and 11 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
Translation

School out early tomorrow, two hour delay Wednesday or no School
Two hour delay thursday
And if you live in Watauga or Avery you should consider home schooling

Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 PM

Oh, my son is in Boone . . . do you know the snow on our deck at the mountain house won't melt (shade all around) and we have about 2 ft. just mounded up on the sides with a path to walk through it. I guess this will just add some more snow and ice. I wonder when it will ever get warm enough again to make it go away . . .

Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh, my son is in Boone . . . do you know the snow on our deck at the mountain house won't melt (shade all around) and we have about 2 ft. just mounded up on the sides with a path to walk through it. I guess this will just add some more snow and ice. I wonder when it will ever get warm enough again to make it go away . . .
Does he know how the business has been at the ski resorts
I bet this has been the best winter for them in a long time

Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Does he know how the business has been at the ski resorts
I bet this has been the best winter for them in a long time
Yes - they have had a great season! He doesn't ski but he goes over to Beech and Sugar to take photos.

There is one day a year that must be National Take Your Top Off Your Jeep day (okay - I don't know what it is called - but you get the idea) and it is in the winter. So last year, whenever that day was, it was snowing to beat the band up in Boone.

So I was watching the local news and they had a feed on from around Sugar Mountain. And I told Hubby - oh, you know, son was going to go up there with friends and take pictures in the snow.

And I was worried b/c the snow was piling up and it was really blowing and bad visibility. The reporter was saying - it is getting slick out here!

Then the reporter says - "but folks are still out" and he turns b/c he could hear a car coming - and to my utter horror, there was son and friends - in the Jeep - with the doors off, windows off . . . waving at everyone!!! Snow swirling . . .

I was sick with worry but of course, they were fine . . . oh, to be young and adventuresome . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte