U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 06:11 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,119,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Obama signs health care bill into law

we havent expeirence something this great for our Country since
President Roosevelt
created social security

President Johnson created Medicare

this is wonderful for our country
I don't think you can put it up there with other great programs just yet. Time will tell if the thing works the way it is supposed to or not.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,576,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I don't think you can put it up there with other great programs just yet. Time will tell if the thing works the way it is supposed to or not.
In sure the same un easy was done over when social security was first year it was in law but Im confident health care for all Americans is a good thing
I cant wait for the day I go to emergency room & it not filled with those
who are uninsured but instead they can go to a regular clinic.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:35 PM

this will help someone who has HIV

A person with HIV the cost is $2240 a month to take Atripla
That just one pill does not include antibiotic

They have to take one a day cant skip a dose or they will
develop resistance.

I have heard of cases where people didnt take the meds every day
because it so expensive and there body built resistance because
they cant afford it and denied being a pre existing condition

Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,055,767 times
Quote:
this will help someone who has HIV

A person with HIV the cost is $2240 a month to take Atripla
That just one pill does not include antibiotic

They have to take one a day cant skip a dose or they will
develop resistance.

I have heard of cases where people didnt take the meds every day
because it so expensive and there body built resistance because
they cant afford it and denied being a pre existing condition

That along with so many more pre existing conditions. I was so use to not paying for meds because of military and when I joined my work plan and they wanted $110 for singular for my son (not on military plan) I almost died ( of course I asked the doctor if there was a less expensive alternative). I can saw what it meant that people could not afford meds and had to chose. Soon my military benfits will be gone because I will be getting married and I have to switch to "regular" people health care (so to speak) eyeopening to say the least. Right now I have both and it is good.

Time will tell the details in the plan and I hope it works because for a country like this healthcare needs to be more attainable instead of using the emergency room as your regular doctor.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:19 PM

530 posts, read 1,028,304 times
Just 1 more step towards completely ruining out economy and currency.... Lets not forget these things need to be paid for.

Once the government stops calling your currency "money" or "dollars" and starts calling it "credits"... You know the switch is on.

You'll have health care, it won't be good or great health care, but it'll be health care for everyone, and it will be like getting in line for medicare... Have Fun!!

When our government spends more money than it has to spend, it devalues the dollar. In a global economy, you have a worth, that doesn't change based on how much money you print or "credit". So when you print more money, the "worth" of your country is divided into yet that many more pieces. Our countryies "worth" is shrinking, our economy is withering, the govewrnment is bringing in less money, china has stopped supporting our debt, YET OUR CURRENT GOVERNMENT IS SPENDING MORE MONEY THEN ANY ADMINISTRATION IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY!!! Sorry to say, the health care bill is absolutely the most retarded thing in the world. NINE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!?!?!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:02 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,135,316 times
Sunny, I am curious where you got your information. The legislation does not go into effect for Medicaid expanded coverage under 2014. Does Medicaid now cover HIV drugs? I honestly do not know. If you don't qualify for the new income threshold to get Medicaid, then you will have to buy your own insurance. So even if you do qualify for Medicaid under the new threshold for income, that is not going in effect for 4 more years.

And if Medicaid does not currently cover the drugs you are using, they won't cover it in 2014, either.

Now, if you have read something different, do let me know . . . I have read all the legislation and participated in two webinar conferences (for healthcare execs) plus gotten regular updates from the hospital association - and really - the only difference in coverage would be if you have been denied coverage - you can't be denied after the legislation takes effect - and if you have made too much money to qualify for Medicaid at this time, you may be qualified to get Medicaid after 2014, when the income thresholds change.

Because the bulk of people who will be getting insurance under this legislation will probably fall into the Medicaid category, states are already taking steps to try to cut costs on pharma drugs.

N.C. Medicaid Starts Preferred Drug List Program - Wake County - MyNC.com

I don't think most people realize that services are going to necessarily have to be CUT once this legislation goes into effect. Medicaid is already big time in the red and adding millions more to the rolls is only going to make that shortfall worse.

IF you are now qualified for ADAP assistance, you really need to be very careful about what other coverage you sign up for, as you could be excluded from ADAP assistance if you have other healthcare insurance. Just throwing this out there so you can research it over the coming months. IF I remember correctly, ADAP recipients are ineligible for co-pay programs as are Medicare and Medicaid patients.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 PM

I never stated anything about medicare or medicaid Im
talking about todays vote to allow all Americans to get coverage for insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Sunny, I am curious where you got your information. The legislation does not go into effect for Medicaid expanded coverage under 2014. Does Medicaid now cover HIV drugs? I honestly do not know. If you don't qualify for the new income threshold to get Medicaid, then you will have to buy your own insurance. So even if you do qualify for Medicaid under the new threshold for income, that is not going in effect for 4 more years.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 03-23-2010, 08:13 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,135,316 times
Quote:
I never stated anything about medicare or medicaid Im
talking about todays vote to allow all Americans to get coverage for insurance
Well, I know that, Sunny. All the vote did as far as giving coverage is:

1. Allow folks who can't afford coverage now but make too much money to get Medicaid to qualify at higher salaries to get Medicaid;

2. Prohibit exclusion from purchasing life insurance based on pre-existing conditions.

You were saying this would help w/ HIV drugs, but what I am telling you is - nothing is going to change as to how much you pay for either your insurance premium or your drugs, unless you qualify for Medicaid.

They have changed the rules for income on Medicaid.

Your drugs will still be the same price you are paying today. It sounded like you thought there was going to be some special plan or insurance that will mean drugs are cheaper. ????

Old 03-24-2010, 04:05 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,871,539 times
Good morning , everyone.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:47 AM

7,109 posts, read 9,728,896 times
^^^^Perhaps this strong statement might be better suited for the "relationship", "political" , "Health", or "Religious" sub-forums.

Certaintly your viewpoint would get more exposure, would it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte