U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,616,717 times

Advertisements

Rest in peace ted kennedy
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 08-29-2009, 07:15 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,131,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
indeed.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:26 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,672,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
there were folks in our group who were of the same mind. I am somewhat squeamish and could not do that. Plus, I did not want to offend my Chinese hosts and I am certain that an errant expression on my face would have easily done so. I stuck to the offerings of vegetables with some meat mixed in, assuming that the tiny shreds of meat, if they were "weird" would not do any particular harm.

besides, everything was drenched in garlic and other spices, so, I would not have tasted anything out of the way. However, when I SAW the intestines, that is where I drew the line.
I'm with you on the intestines, also bugs and the donkey. I probably would have gotten through the scorpion though. My husband said they are deep fried and reminded him of a pork rind. He is adament that we should all go back as a family. He loved the people and really wants to share China with our daughter and me someday. That is one long plane ride for a toddler though!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
I'm with you on the intestines, also bugs and the donkey. I probably would have gotten through the scorpion though. My husband said they are deep fried and reminded him of a pork rind. He is adament that we should all go back as a family. He loved the people and really wants to share China with our daughter and me someday. That is one long plane ride for a toddler though!
It is a fantastic country to explore. The people are great. Yes, that is a VERY LONG plane ride for a toddler!!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:51 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,186,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I have been watching TV in spurts. Listening to the funeral in the background again. I kept getting interrupted. I didn't get to see the private memorial so sat up and watched it last nite, and then fell asleep during McCain's eulogy, so now I have to try to catch the rest of that again sometime in the next few days.

They are running things on CSPAN.

I posted on one of the threads in the political section the nite he died - a personal memory I have of Ted Kennedy. I worked with his staff on a project over about 18 months nearly 20 years ago. Got to chat with Sen Kennedy on several occasions, but the evening I met him was the most memorable. He was not only charming, but gracious and kind.

I have made no attempt to hide that I am a registered Republican, but I am more liberal on social issues than most in my party. I am a fiscal conservative. However, I have had nothing but admiration for Ted Kennedy - before I met him - not just since then. He was a damn good legislator and one of the most collegial Senators our country has had in modern times. I could go on and on . . . I may have disagreed with some of his stances, but I never doubted his intentions were based on deeply held beliefs (and I so admire anyone who takes a stand). He will be missed.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 AM

mornin' all...cool weather ahead...YUK

busy day ahead; church, Aldi, lunch and HOMEWORK!!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:20 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,055,476 times
Went to early church, 0830, then home to accomplish the honeydo list.

Getting ready for a taco fiesta with the girls, then take a nap - ah Sundays!

Old 08-30-2009, 03:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,079,266 times
I love taco nights, that sounds awesome Mullman. Yeah, DH and I had a lazy day. I bought some new house plants about 2 weeks ago and still haven't repotted them & it's probably not going to happen today either.

Yesterday we got new cell phones, only because we got rebates. We bought the LG enV Touch, boy are they cool, I love it! So we have spent the last 2 days learning how to work them and setting all the ringtones etc. Of course our old phones wern't compatable and we had to retype in all our contacts, so we certainly know how to do that now. It has an awesome camera in it too which turns out is better than the point and shoot digi I usually carry around. It can shoot in panoramic, b&w, sepia, cyan or in negative. I also chose it to say "say cheese" just before it takes the picture. It can also open word, excel and powerpoint attachments. Pretty nifty. Like I told my friend all of that and I can even make phone calls too, ha!

Oh yeah, the phone even has a tip calculator, DH and I were hysterical because it totally reminded us of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry buys his dad a tip calcuator and Kramer buys the cheap ones off the street.

Hope everyone's enjoying the nice weekend.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:25 PM

182 posts, read 380,537 times
America is indeed a better place due to efforts of Ted Kennedy, God bless him and his entire family.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:44 AM

mornin' all...lots of rain, grey...usual YUK...be careful, lots of accidents this morning, they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte