U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-19-2009, 09:28 AM

14,699 posts, read 13,994,824 times

Advertisements

I know how you feel, SuperK. I got "negative" rep points for a post I wrote about the episode of Different Strokes in which Gordon Jump guest starred as an inappropriate old man. I was told my post was vulgar even though it was just talking about how the show raised awareness of "stranger danger".

Old 10-19-2009, 09:34 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,264,062 times
I thought they took away the negative rep points feature...?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,702,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I know how you feel, SuperK. I got "negative" rep points for a post I wrote about the episode of Different Strokes in which Gordon Jump guest starred as an inappropriate old man. I was told my post was vulgar even though it was just talking about how the show raised awareness of "stranger danger".

I was never able to look at him as simply "Mr. Carlson" the same way after that show.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:36 PM

13,100 posts, read 13,002,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I got them for my comment here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/11233697-post14.html

which I think was warranted. Oh well.
I thought what you said was appropriate & tried to rep you.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:47 PM

1,312 posts, read 3,082,677 times
Where is it possible to give negative rep? I only see the scale to click on and it seems to only be positive feedback. Not that I'm planning on giving any out right now...

Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
Where is it possible to give negative rep? I only see the scale to click on and it seems to only be positive feedback. Not that I'm planning on giving any out right now...

I think what he's saying is that he got a positive rep point but a negative comment that only he can see. Just way of zinging him without identifying himself.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:59 PM

35,485 posts, read 43,333,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I think what he's saying is that he got a positive rep point but a negative comment that only he can see. Just way of zinging him without identifying himself.
Yeah, that happened to me over in the political forum. Someone left me a really nasty note telling me what he/she thought about me in no uncertain terms, lol. Happily, that is the only time I have gotten a mean-spirited comment like that so I hope that for those who have rec'd that sort of lame put down, that this will be the only time. People who do that are really wimpy. If someone disagrees, they can post their disagreement w/o attacking the other person. I guess some folks get off on that kind of "hit and run" tactic!!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yeah, that happened to me over in the political forum. Someone left me a really nasty note telling me what he/she thought about me in no uncertain terms, lol. Happily, that is the only time I have gotten a mean-spirited comment like that so I hope that for those who have rec'd that sort of lame put down, that this will be the only time. People who do that are really wimpy. If someone disagrees, they can post their disagreement w/o attacking the other person. I guess some folks get off on that kind of "hit and run" tactic!!!!

Nooooo...that didn't happen in the political forum....

The people who do that...do they think that the moment they identify themselves we'll instantaneously know who they are, that we'll travel to their house, break down their door and kick their cat?

If anyone negative comments me with a positive rep point, so long as the comment's a good, well thought out zinger, let me know who you are. Take a little credit for yourself (ves).

Old 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM

That political forum is city-data's bastion of peace, love and understanding. A place where people can debate the issues of the day in a kind and civil manner. I can't possibly imagine someone getting so riled up as to embed a negative comment inside of a positive rep point.

Noooo....not there....

Old 10-19-2009, 04:48 PM

5,971 posts, read 12,302,009 times
On days when I want to get my blood pressure up, I go to the P&OC forum just to read. Posting will surely get me a coronary. And it's the same people...they must get a rise out of baiting people with their posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte