U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,436,080 times

Advertisements

Actually Cougar is a Yankee term Ani. Down here their called Cougrrrrrs.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:17 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Courtney Cox has a new comedy series coming out next month called Cougar Town. Saw this article yesterday.

Courteney Cox flaunts her svelte figure as she strips down to her underwear in Cougar Town | Mail Online
She looks fantastic. And she wouldn't need to be hanging around a bar to attract some male attention . . .

Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,077,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
She looks fantastic. And she wouldn't need to be hanging around a bar to attract some male attention . . .
Judging by her husband, I am not her type anyway. I am not special enough. Bless his heart.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Judging by her husband, I am not her type anyway. I am not special enough. Bless his heart.
David Arquette? Meeehhh.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:37 PM

182 posts, read 379,655 times
Ani, you need a pool boy??? What's the uniform? Never mind, I'll wear it anyway.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamwow! View Post
Ani, you need a pool boy??? What's the uniform? Never mind, I'll wear it anyway.
LOL!!!

I like military uniforms awfully well . . . and those snappy looking airline uniforms . . . think you could rustle something up along those lines, Shamwow?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,129,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmodeep View Post
Don't worry anifan you will not get any of my attention.

The term was not meant to be demeaning, just in a short txt society its a quick way to distinguish a demographic.

We are getting away from my original question...all i am lookin for is a good hang out area without the 22yr old sluts....
Why would those said "sluts" be interested in dirty old men anyway? They've got wrinkles and smell funny.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 PM

2,829 posts, read 4,136,445 times
Coolmo - Just curious - what's up with a 30 year old guy looking for 45+ women? Are you really interested or is this some sort of game? I am not being sarcastic just wondering.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 PM

129 posts, read 299,420 times
Rae Rd all day for cougars.
Alive after 5 downtown, little bit younger, hipper.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,865,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
This is one reason my friends and I just don't feel comfortable having a "girl's night out" cause we don't want guys assuming we are out like predators looking for men to hit on. So annoying!!!!

Interestingly, with older men, they don't hit on groups of women out in the evening unless a woman flirts first and gives the signal she is interested. With so many of these younger guys on the make, they are often less than subtle - it is disheartening. They seem to just assume that women out together are on the make.

So a word of advice to you potential "cougar trackers" - don't make any assumptions. You may be great eye candy and a terrific conversationalist as well, but there are a lot of us out here who feel demeaned and disrespected by the attention.
I've been reading these posts , observing behaviors in public , studying people for a while now , and I must say , it is displeasing. Even at work , they seem to have an attitude of ' the bottom line first , common sense last'. I read a post on those who smoke while pumping gas!! And now this!
I'm sure some of you realize this type of 'instant gratification lala land talk on the phone while I drive' bulls--- is what proliferates stereotypes about men and women as a whole. I was driving down Independence the other day and stopped at a light. Some eighth brain pulls up beside me and yells , 'Where the hoes at?' Initally , I wanted to give them the most condescending , nasty response I could muster , but decided to tell him I don't deal with hoes. I wonder how they would feel if someone refered to their mother or sister that way? Same goes for these airhead ass girls I see with Star Trek shades. Had one tell me , 'You have on some nice pants , I can see that big ---- of yours swinging around'. Needless to say she was left in the dust!! Factoring these observations , it is safe to say being a recluse may be beneficial. Not to sound snobby , but I am 30 , and I was taught to respect everyone no matter what. Unfortunately , it is hard , with the 'sex sells' culture and this auditory refuse pumped over the airwaves. Yeah , I'd like to eventually meet a classy girl one day who has her faculties in order to settle down with , but this too is difficult. I'm sure some of you all feel the same , male or female. But alot of decent people are turned off by this ****. Damn!! It's like every day I see this and have accepted this which I cannot change , but maybe I can lay the first brick for a good foundation. Call me uptight , whatever , I dont give a f---!! This may be off topic , may get me booted from the forum altogether , but if so , hopefully my words will leave a lasting impression on at least one out of a million!! And to the lady I quoted , you are correct!! I would hate to walk into a bar or club and see mountain lions inside!! LOL!! Good Luck on all of your endeavours!! On a final note , before you all approach every situation in life!! It may be tantamount in preserving yours!! PEACE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte