U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:14 PM

668 posts, read 2,007,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post
'course I'm a "wild 'n crazy" Cali girl!!
Me too! I guess that may be why I rarely wear a bathing suit in a hot tub...Where I grew up you just got in without one as long as it was dark!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:24 PM

33 posts, read 37,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Let's be frank - it is a hassle jumping in the spa w/ a bathing suit, then coming inside all wet, taking a shower, and putting on jammies.

I am thinking ahead to winter, when a bathing suit means getting even more chilled when I jump out of the spa and head in the house w/ that dripping, cold bathing suit! Even with the robe on, it is still so wet and cold b/c of my bathing suits!!!

Without that suit, my floor length terry robe will absorb the water and my teeth won't be chattering by the time I jump in the shower.

But I am chicken.
Don't be skeered, that's the only way to go! (So long as the neighbors don't get a peek)

We have a pool and live at the end of a private road, woods to one side and a privacy fence and part of the house blocking the neighbor to the other. If those critters in the woods could talk!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:41 PM

14,699 posts, read 14,251,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darciedawn View Post
Don't be skeered, that's the only way to go! (So long as the neighbors don't get a peek)

We have a pool and live at the end of a private road, woods to one side and a privacy fence and part of the house blocking the neighbor to the other. If those critters in the woods could talk!
If your neighbor can see you just make sure it's not this guy.

oh, and BTW nekkid!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 PM

1,484 posts, read 1,509,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
When we were in Maryland, our neighbors had a awesome pool, and when they were gone, it was skinny dip city for me and my wife.

In fact, we credit that pool with one and possibly two of our children.
That's some nasty chowder.

Did this neighbor have some kids that were near your kids in age? You never know...

Old 08-28-2009, 10:15 PM

1,504 posts, read 1,840,545 times
Does it count if it was in a lake in MI many moons ago? At night? Sad to say I don't think I've been as daring since

Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 PM

1,367 posts, read 3,618,510 times
I would absolutely go in the buff if we had a hot tub, as long as there were some trees or shrubs or something so there was at least the pretense of privacy!

The only thing I'd worry about is if you have no fence and the neighbors are the type to just wander over to say hi (like my neighbors), so I'd probably wait till pretty late though! I've never had a hot tub though, and personally it kinda grosses me out to be in one with anyone but hubby or my closest friends. Hubby's family had one, of course everyone wore bathing suits, but it still creeped me out that parents/uncles/kids/grandma would all get in.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:05 AM

2,128 posts, read 4,300,836 times
I'm a big fan of How I Met Your Mother which recently showed an episode titled "Naked Man", so I'm a big fan of Nekkid!

YouTube - How I Met Your Mother - The Naked Man

But only with people you know....cause I worry about disease

Old 08-29-2009, 01:34 PM

35,622 posts, read 44,000,271 times
ENLIGHTENME and DARCIE: I think you all have it right . . . as long as it is dark! VERY dark!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
Does it count if it was in a lake in MI many moons ago? At night? Sad to say I don't think I've been as daring since
Oh, that sounds lovely, tho!

I think for most of us who hesitate being daring, it is b/c we don't want to embarrass ourselves. I am always so worried about privacy issues. The way our hot tub is situated, it should be very private.

BS13690: It would take a pair of bincoculars and a very particular angle if our neighbor were peeking out of blinds, LOL! Too much work to go to unless there were some really good looking people skinny dipping!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryGirl View Post
I would absolutely go in the buff if we had a hot tub, as long as there were some trees or shrubs or something so there was at least the pretense of privacy!

The only thing I'd worry about is if you have no fence and the neighbors are the type to just wander over to say hi (like my neighbors), so I'd probably wait till pretty late though! I've never had a hot tub though, and personally it kinda grosses me out to be in one with anyone but hubby or my closest friends. Hubby's family had one, of course everyone wore bathing suits, but it still creeped me out that parents/uncles/kids/grandma would all get in.
JanuaryGirl: I had a feeling I was being much too uptight with the bathing suit requirement. Our neighbors don't wander over at night so don't have that problem to worry about, thank goodness!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte