Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times

Advertisements

If you have seen the car described in the article, please contact the police. Hit and run drivers are one of the lowest forms of life on the face of the Earth.

Police seek car in fatal hit-and-run - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/920198.html - broken link)

Old 09-01-2009, 01:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Thanks for the heads up. Someone surely has seen this vehicle. It sounds pretty damaged.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
If you have seen the car described in the article, please contact the police. Hit and run drivers are one of the lowest forms of life on the face of the Earth.

Police seek car in fatal hit-and-run - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/920198.html - broken link)
This is so sad. When I heard last night on the news that someone had been hit I knew before they reported where that it was likely on that stretch of Monroe near Village Lakes. The road is very wide there and too many pedestrians cross it away from the redlight for convenience.

I hope whoever did this comes forward and takes responsibility.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:21 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,321,762 times
I have noticed that people will not walk 10 feet to get to a cross walk before crossing a street. They'll just cross wherever they feel like it.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,647 times
Loves, tried to rep you for both of your comments but I'm apparently not spreading the love around enough.

I feel bad for the elderly woman and hope that the person is found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
I have noticed that people will not walk 10 feet to get to a cross walk before crossing a street. They'll just cross wherever they feel like it.
I was playing on Google Maps and looking at the 8400 block of Monroe Rd and where the Circle K is located in comparison to the Apt complex...it looks like where she would've crossed is right were the school zone starts but I'm not familiar with the specific area. Google is saying this is close to Greenway Park Elementary, not sure if this is right or not, and obviously at 10 PM the school zone wouldn't be considered "active."

Here's the description from the article if you don't feel like reading the whole article...
Quote:
...evidence collected at the scene indicates the vehicle that struck Crouch was a metallic-gray Mitsubishi, possibly a four-door sedan. Oberer said the car probably will have damage to the front bumper, hood and windshield, and it will be missing the mirror on the driver's door.
-----------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Sorry but I stand by my valid concerns about the types of drivers who are known for hit and run. Any cop can tell you the same thing.....Looking at motive for a crime is always inportant in trying to find out who did the crime.ILLEGALS HAVE A MOTIVE,so you also get a DUH!
I know this will just instigate another racist comment but there are plenty of motives all of which would trump your reason - and most cops would not correlate determining a motive and sterotyping a group of people that are completely unrelated to the article. There is no group of people that are statistically more likely to be "known for hit and run." From my personal experiences, which involved 3 hit and run cases, all of the guilty parties ended up being middle class, middle aged men.

Last edited by MysteryMT; 09-01-2009 at 06:07 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
I agree 100%. I was at the corner of 51 and Monroe the other day and these two idiots crossed behind my car which was right at the line of the crosswalk. By walking behind they had to wait out in the middle of the street until cars stopped at the intersection.

The sad part was they had the walk signal at the intersection and could have crossed much faster there.

I also notice people trying to cross 74. I can't imagine how long they have to wait until they can get across.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
.....There is no group of people that are statistically more likely to be "known for hit and run." From my personal experiences, which involved 3 hit and run cases, all of the guilty parties ended up being middle class, middle aged men.
who clearly have the most to lose.

HAHA, I'm SO just kidding. Really the funny thing is this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
This is just another reason we shouldnt have people here driving with no name......
People with no name?!?!? For real?!?! HAHAHA, good stuff!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
who clearly have the most to lose.

HAHA, I'm SO just kidding. Really the funny thing is this comment:

People with no name?!?!? For real?!?! HAHAHA, good stuff!!!!
Maybe he meant a horse with no name?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Your post has absolutely NOTHING to do with this unfortunate woman's death - at the very least it was off topic. At the worst, it was racist.
Have to disagree with you here Loves...this dude's post was in direct response and on topic with the original post. Completely ignorant, silly, and good for a laugh, yes, but very on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: