Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM

429 posts, read 684,787 times

Advertisements

My children will go to school on 9/8.While I do not agree with Obama ,it is important to our country to listen to what he has to say...it is called freedom of speech.It is what our country was founded on.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:30 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,096 times
It will be seen on the website and CSPAN.
Obama school speech sparking political firestorm - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/925517.html - broken link)

And the people who disregard the gov't because they don't agree with everything that happens disgust me.. Our children need to learn, why not take this opportunity to discuss what your kids can do to help our country. I am so very.. very tired of political ideology creating sides. I truly believe it is the left vs. right mentality that holds this country down and keeps us from being great. Liberal bias, conservative bad mouthing, creating hyper reality of statements made here or there creates an unneccasary Paranoia. The internet age has made it too easy to find fault, create fault and assign fault. Why would you stay home.. a protest.. you protest the president speaking to kids? That makes no sense. I hope people look at this as educational experience to hear from the President.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:33 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,315,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Demi Moore is a cougar

Whoa! Wrong thread.
LoL

Old 09-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
the people who disregard the gov't because they don't agree with everything that happens disgust me..
IMHO if one regularly votes, works hard, and pays taxes, then they have earned the right to disagree and/or complain.
Or do you prefer the gulags for those that might disagree?

Do they teach this stuff anymore, or is there no time between umpteen teacher workdays and hero infomercials?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson

"A government big enough to give you everything you desire, is strong enough to take away everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever government becomes destructive of these ends (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness), it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government."
Declaration of Independence of the American Colonies, 1776

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." ---Voltaire: questions sur le miracles, 1765

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by mullman; 09-03-2009 at 05:12 PM..

Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 PM

55 posts, read 175,590 times
Default I Pledge to be a servant to POTUS

repeat after me

" I Pledge to be a servant to the president of the united states, Barack Obama"

WH deletes line about schoolkids helping Obama from speech prep materials
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/09/0...rep-materials/

Why does Barack Obama have a self proclaimed communist advising him ? (Van Jones)

Old 09-03-2009, 05:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
stay on topic or infraction will be issued

Old 09-03-2009, 05:20 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
anifani
i think you are drawing the wrong comperisment.
feeling the hate on these boards truly comes down to one thing

racism

there , i believe that , it's a free country , i can believe if i want to.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM

Seriously, don't pull the race card.

There are plenty of conservatives, who just happen to be black, that I would love to vote for, they just have not run yet.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
IMHO if one regularly votes, works hard, and pays taxes, then they have earned the right to disagree and/or complain.
Or do you prefer the gulags for those that might disagree?
Why would you pull that out of my post.. I said.. people who disagree should not "DISREGARD" the gov't. I disagree with the gov't alot, which means I work to improve it. I.E. you don't just say I won't let the president address my children in an education setting because I disagree with some of the things he says. Listen and communicate, discuss with your kids.. This is an opportunity for our kids to be addressed directly. I think the Charlotte school district is doing it the right way, by providing an option. Some people may not like it, but the president should be a "hero" and aspiration for some. Look at this way, kids may say, wow I like what he says, I wanna be like him, or kids may say, I disagree with what he says, I need to work harder so I can help do things differently.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:30 PM

Good points WW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte