U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2009, 06:02 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,772 posts, read 11,896,876 times
Reputation: 6513

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncyank View Post
you forgot...
3) they could be a racist.
..... :d

 
Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,727,475 times
Reputation: 1560
It is all George Bush's fault. Right?
 
Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 PM
 
2,341 posts, read 4,055,221 times
Reputation: 1667
I'm begining to understand why some of these threads get closed. Amazing hunh?

ETA: SunnyKayak. Did I make you laugh again?
 
Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
2,193 posts, read 4,544,431 times
Reputation: 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
Finally... a reasonable response.

I think its an absolute shame that this is even an issue. It was never an issue when President Reagan wanted to talk to me and my fellow classmates about saying no to drugs. My parents (who were democrats), never questioned or showed me any sign of disrespect when OUR PRESIDENT wanted to talk to us about education... NEVER.
I don't think it's an issue of it just being Obama, I think any president taking over in these times would be facing *some* similar issues.

I think overall Americans feel had and lied to. We don't trust anyone and are leery of everyone especially politicians.

A couple years ago before this collapse, the gov't was all telling us there's no bubble, the economy is strong, the fundamentals are sound, and now look where we are. The bubble has popped, millions are unemployed, etc etc.

I think most are very upset with the government and anyone associated with it.
 
Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Ayrsley
4,714 posts, read 8,478,283 times
Reputation: 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
And it was investigated by congress....
Well...it did raise suspicions as it implied that Dubya could actually read.
 
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
616 posts, read 1,568,355 times
Reputation: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
I don't think it's an issue of it just being Obama, I think any president taking over in these times would be facing *some* similar issues.

I think overall Americans feel had and lied to. We don't trust anyone and are leery of everyone especially politicians.

A couple years ago before this collapse, the gov't was all telling us there's no bubble, the economy is strong, the fundamentals are sound, and now look where we are. The bubble has popped, millions are unemployed, etc etc.

I think most are very upset with the government and anyone associated with it.
Good point. I myself over the past 8 years (2000 - 2008) felt that "my America" was gone, had been taken away, and came close to not being abble to hope that things could get better.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 8,027,884 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Well...it did raise suspicions as it implied that Dubya could actually read.
Uh....it was Bush-41.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,605,991 times
Reputation: 14926
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Uh....it was Bush-41.

thanks i been puzzled when to use and the way you used makes sense
__________________
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Im the moderator for
[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/"]North Carolina main forum[/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/"]Triad [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]
 
Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Concord, NC
367 posts, read 929,805 times
Reputation: 117
I think its funny that the same people that throw a fit over prayer/bible/God being pulled from school so it is not force fed to folks that have different belief systems, are chomping at the bit to make sure their children don't get force fed the perceived something that is outside their belief system. Before I get flamed, I am a card carrying Republican that just happens to not be a Christian.

Last edited by sstarrx3; 09-10-2009 at 10:25 AM..
 
Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Right where I want to be.
4,507 posts, read 8,027,884 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
I think its funny that the same people that throw a fit over prayer/bible/God being pulled from school so it is not force fed to folks that have different belief systems, are chomping at the bit to make sure their children don't get force fed the perceived something that is outside their belief system. Before I get flamed, I am a card carrying Republican that just happens to not be a Christian.
Remarkably, there are plenty of conservative Christians who are not bothered by the lack of prayer/Bible/God in the public school. We are happy to take care of that at home. The larger concern is that all beliefs are treated equally by the schools. If there is not going to be a Christmas party or Christmas songs or Christmas decorations based on separation of church and state then there shouldn't be any Kwanza parties or Hannukah songs. If we can't study Christian history or the Bible as Literature then lets not study on the history of Islam or the Koran as Literature. On the flip side, if it's OK for Muslim students to wear religious symbols and reserve part of the school day for prayer then we need to allow Christians, Jews, Hindus, Wiccans, the same options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top