U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:44 AM

297 posts, read 1,045,270 times

Advertisements

Wow, I was definitely surprised to see this PRICE DROP of $20,000 happen so quickly. The picture stating from the $260 was taken the first week of April. The picture showing the price drop of $20,000 was taken the last week of April. The first sign has been up for a little over 1.5 months. The development has taken some thing to get off started. The excavation has been going on for almost a year. In the past 2.5 months the semi finished houses have been put. I take this shortcut a lot to work and there is not a lot of activity at this development any one know what is going on here?
Original Price

Price Drop to $240K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 10:59 AM

536 posts, read 1,542,181 times
Default wow

Hi Duke,

Glad to see your back. Where have you been? I always appreciate you "keeping it real!"

I don't know about this particular home builder, but I swear if I had enough money I would start my own building company and offer good priced homes like that. I believe Lennar is one builder that was profitable this quarter. Maybe they plan on actually selling homes fast, as opposed to some builders with there outrageous prices, that just take years to sell.

Figure if your coming from up North (or Florida, Cal., whatever) and the market is slow there, you do not get as much as you hoped for selling your home! You come down here and want to avoid that mortgage or have a littler one. Then BAM, you see the prices going up steadily 5% to 8% in places. You want in, but don't want to buy for 400k+, so this is a nice way to get in, and I bet Lennar who is the biggest builder in the country, I believe, is probably just setting a trend! (this is much needed, because most of the country is in a SLOWER market!)

IMO

Old 05-01-2007, 11:49 AM

197 posts, read 668,500 times
The Chimneys at Marvin did the same thing - I noticed at one point a few months back they were from the 380k's and now they are from the 360k's according to the signs

Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 PM

40 posts, read 85,229 times
Hmmm. Still waiting for them to come down to the 110's... Hee hee

Old 05-01-2007, 06:53 PM

91 posts, read 382,942 times
Where are those homes at?

Old 05-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Kingsbridge is in the Steele Creek area of Charlotte just off of Moss Road. Lennar must be way behind schedule on this project they have been digging in the dirt there for the better part of a year. And to date not one of the several houses started there has been completed. There is still a plenty of excavating equipment on site. Most of the activity is small latino 1- 4 man crews putting in curbs and random house construction. I drive by there often on the way to work and get a kick out of how poorly this job is being run.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:51 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,645,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE1989 View Post
Kingsbridge is in the Steele Creek area of Charlotte just off of Moss Road. Lennar must be way behind schedule on this project they have been digging in the dirt there for the better part of a year. And to date not one of the several houses started there has been completed. There is still a plenty of excavating equipment on site. Most of the activity is small latino 1- 4 man crews putting in curbs and random house construction. I drive by there often on the way to work and get a kick out of how poorly this job is being run.

What do you think of that area? I was over there this morning I had never been there before. It's not to far from Lake Wylie but it didn't thrill me much.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:29 PM

I don't live there but drive through quite often. The Steele Creek area a few years ago was mostly farm land. The area now has become a high density area. The townhomes and apartments area have a high number of crimes taking place there and spilling over into the nice neighborhoods.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 PM

549 posts, read 2,190,363 times
I had a friend who lived in Griers Fork and she told me some homes in the community were turned into section 8. She had to put her patio furniture inside everynight after having it stolen twice. Sad that some of the subdivisions would have these problems now.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 AM

201 posts, read 742,559 times
As far as having a personal experience with Lennar, I can say that I have been very happy with them. I just bought a townhome from them a little over a month ago, and I couldn't be happier. We walked the site pretty much every weekend during the building process...I was impressed with how neat the whole area was in comparison to most other new builds I've seen.

I think the quality and service is excellent. At least it has been so far! The neighbors that I have met also seem to have had good experiences with them.

Just my two cents...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte