U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:37 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,666,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
I did this commute for two years. Morehead gets too jammed with traffic. You must take side roads.

Something like:

-Trade St. to McDowell St. (south)
-veer onto Dilworth Rd. (dont take Morehead)
-Left onto East Blvd
-Right onto Queens Rd
- Right onto Selwyn Ave
-Left onto Runnymede Ln.
-Righto onto Barclay Downs
-Left onto Morrison

The nice thing about Southpark is that there are 50 different roads and side streets you can take to get from uptown to Southpark. Just learn your way around and take an alternate route if one is backed up.

I might do a slight variation on this one. Since you are already to close to 77, I would jump on 77 south to the Woodlawn exit, which turns into Runnymede, then Barclay Downs to Morrison. Weaving through uptown must take a good long while. Then again one bad accident on 77 and you could be there for days. Maybe check the traffic report first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 02:57 PM

162 posts, read 391,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
I might do a slight variation on this one. Since you are already to close to 77, I would jump on 77 south to the Woodlawn exit, which turns into Runnymede, then Barclay Downs to Morrison. Weaving through uptown must take a good long while. Then again one bad accident on 77 and you could be there for days. Maybe check the traffic report first.
Problem with Woodlawn Road is the stoplights at South Blvd and Park Road. The back up at Park Road can be over 10 minutes at times.

277 over to the Queens Road area and Barclay Downs is the best option.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:43 PM

211 posts, read 439,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
maybe try Independence to Wendover to Sharon

i second this, as i work for apple coming from noda! this is the best way after testing every street!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:56 AM

38 posts, read 206,028 times
Thank you everyone for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
I did this commute for two years. Morehead gets too jammed with traffic. You must take side roads.

Something like:

-Trade St. to McDowell St. (south)
-veer onto Dilworth Rd. (dont take Morehead)
-Left onto East Blvd
-Right onto Queens Rd
- Right onto Selwyn Ave
-Left onto Runnymede Ln.
-Righto onto Barclay Downs
-Left onto Morrison

The nice thing about Southpark is that there are 50 different roads and side streets you can take to get from uptown to Southpark. Just learn your way around and take an alternate route if one is backed up.
I go into work today and even though there isn't a rush hour I am going to try this way out just to get a feel of it.

As far as getting on Independence Expressway, doesn't that get hectic during rush hour as well?

Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,666,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjordo08 View Post
Thank you everyone for your input!

I go into work today and even though there isn't a rush hour I am going to try this way out just to get a feel of it.

As far as getting on Independence Expressway, doesn't that get hectic during rush hour as well?
Actually no, Independence MOVES, you can get from 277 to Albemarle Rd (which is past the Wendover/Eastway exit) in 5 min.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 AM

2,352 posts, read 4,025,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIkid View Post
Cats?
That could work well, especially with the buses going straight from the Lynx line to SouthPark. One downside of that is fewer buses late at night (most of those routes end at 9:15), and if you miss a bus, you'll have a long wait before the next one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or