Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:01 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times

Advertisements

It doesn't seem to matter that if you have $1000, 1,000,000 or a trillion (that's a word I have been using on a daily basis lately) that one gets treated with respect by customer service, managers etc.

I'm not talking about cashiers. It's the "when you have a problem" that I'm talking about. All of a sudden, they play dead. Or stupid. Or I need to get home by 5 o'clock.

There was a day when you went to a bank an it was a professional thing. Today, it's like every man for themselves. "Go on-line and figure it out".
"You don't need me for that". "I'll call back at my convience." (I just listened to that one which prompted this post.) Hey, how about my convience that is just as important.

So, is anyone experiencing quality service? A trip to the bank shouldn't be like a trip to the dentist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times
I hate to say it but the banking system is done and the banks know it. Money doesn't really mean anything anymore because its just paper. Its no big deal if someone has 100 dollars or 1 million dollars. The system is coming to an end really soon and its sooner than you all think. My best advice is to buckle up and get ready.

Oh and did you all see the news today where the FDIC may ask the banks for a bailout? This is very bad news!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
IMHO the smaller the bank, the better the customer service.
Small banks need your business.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times
I find the customer service at BB&T to be superb. My wife and I ditched our Wachovia account after some questionable actions on their part (and we decided we didn't want to support banks needing/requiring/taking bail out money) and have been completely shocked (in a good way) at the level of customer service at our community branch of BB&T. We had been with Wachovia so long we were numbed by their callous attitude... BB&T has been a breath of fresh air.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,358,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
I find the customer service at BB&T to be superb. My wife and I ditched our Wachovia account after some questionable actions on their part (and we decided we didn't want to support banks needing/requiring/taking bail out money) and have been completely shocked (in a good way) at the level of customer service at our community branch of BB&T. We had been with Wachovia so long we were numbed by their callous attitude... BB&T has been a breath of fresh air.
This is funny to me b/c few days pass when I don't declare that I hate BB+T. Ever since day one I've had inconsistent service when trying to get my accounts set up. I have dealt with people (not cashiers) who are rude and clueless. I just *wish* with all my might that Chase would open a branch here. We've had them for at least 15 + years with literally no issues or problems what so ever. We've had loans with them, check accounts, money market accounts, whatever. NO issues. Did I mention that I hate BB+T?

Funny how everyone has a different experience!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:28 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
I wouldn't bank with BB&T after seeing this story.

I can't get the link for the story on WCNC as I am not registered there (and am not going to)
but here is a google link where you can access the story.

Google

Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
so people actually still go to the bank? i haven't been to the bank in years. direct deposit and online banking. why bother?

Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM

123 posts, read 328,508 times
My wife and I have been quite happy with our local Sun Trust bank. They have been very attentive to both our personal and business banking needs. Great communication and very polite too.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:37 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLifeNC View Post
My wife and I have been quite happy with our local Sun Trust bank. They have been very attentive to both our personal and business banking needs. Great communication and very polite too.

I looked into them this AM. But when checking their rating, they didn't fair to well. Made us a bit nervous.

Bank hunting is nerve racking.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:19 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,039 times
Chromekitty, Thanks for that link - very interesting article! Amazing actually, it certainly would be easy in this economy to have a failed subdivision, but what they had was never a development (the lots were too small to build on!) but a fraud.

One thing making it difficult to find a bank that provides good service is that small size should mean more personal service but also means not too big to fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte