U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:41 PM

225 posts, read 764,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
What color did you get?
We went with something called gunite or other not quite sure of the name. it's a natural color in the oak family, very neutral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 09:04 PM

58 posts, read 287,657 times
Thanks for the comments. I have no idea what color the floors are, but i like them.

The house is two years old, but it was only lived in for six months, so it is like new. According to the neighbors, the original owners ran into some sort of financial problems immediately after buying it and the house was foreclosed on. The neighbors also said that the family had very little furniture and slept on air mattresses. The second owners - a husband and wife investment team that bought the house out of foreclosure - confirmed the story. The house had been under contingency contracts twice, but both deals fell through at the last minute.

I came along and offered the sellers a third contingency contract, and I hadn't even put my current house on the market! Needless to say, the sellers rejected the offer. Who could blame them? Fortunately for me, their Realtor used to live in my old neighborhood and knew it was a hot area and convinced the sellers to accept a 30-day contingency. We put our house on the market and sold it in a day! How's that for a hot market? Both houses closed back-to-back on Monday morning.

We were a little concerned about the checkered history of the house, but did our due diligence and were satisfied that it was a solid buy. We love it.

Last edited by ncsenator; 05-02-2007 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: poor spelling

Old 05-02-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln S View Post
How did you do the pictures? What type of camera did you use and how did you get it on line like that.
I used a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS 7.1 megapixel camera. It's a terrific small camera, with simple point-and-shoot capability for most occassions, but enough manual options to satisfy most foks. Most of the pictures were snapped in Auto mode, but some may have had the auto-flash turned off.

I then use the free FastStone Image Viewer software to resize the pics to a size more suitable for online viewing, before uploading them to my free Epson Photo website.

I've recently begun shooting houses on the market for my mom, who also happens to be my Realtor. It helps her out-of-state clients see homes before they relocate to the Charlotte area. It's helped her to make one sale so far, with (hopefully) a few more to come.

Here are some pics (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4448444&a=32483855&f= - broken link) of Bonterra patio homes that we were going to build.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 AM

4 posts, read 12,446 times
Hey - that house is around the corner from us! It's beautiful - congratulations!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaycarter View Post
Hey - that house is around the corner from us! It's beautiful - congratulations!
Well hell, why haven't you invited us over for a cookout yet?

Stop by and say hi (or "hey" as I still say - I'm one of the few natives left) - especially if we're out on the back deck.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:20 AM

297 posts, read 1,043,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsenator View Post
Thanks for the comments. I have no idea what color the floors are, but i like them.

The house is two years old, but it was only lived in for six months, so it is like new. According to the neighbors, the original owners ran into some sort of financial problems immediately after buying it and the house was foreclosed on. The neighbors also said that the family had very little furniture and slept on air mattresses. The second owners - a husband and wife investment team that bought the house out of foreclosure - confirmed the story. The house had been under contingency contracts twice, but both deals fell through at the last minute.

I came along and offered the sellers a third contingency contract, and I hadn't even put my current house on the market! Needless to say, the sellers rejected the offer. Who could blame them? Fortunately for me, their Realtor used to live in my old neighborhood and knew it was a hot area and convinced the sellers to accept a 30-day contingency. We put our house on the market and sold it in a day! How's that for a hot market? Both houses closed back-to-back on Monday morning.

We were a little concerned about the checkered history of the house, but did our due diligence and were satisfied that it was a solid buy. We love it.
Good for you. The foreclosure market is definitely heating up in our area. I think in the future there are going to be some great buys on both used homes and fire sale spec homes.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM

Thanks, Duke - even you are welcome at the new house.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM

476 posts, read 1,451,259 times
Very beautiful. Congratulations and thank you for sharing it with us.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,440,708 times
Lovely, lovely home!

Now I'm not exactly around the corner but can we stop by and say hey?

Enjoy getting settled.

Sincerely,

Sara

Old 05-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Lovely, lovely home!

Now I'm not exactly around the corner but can we stop by and say hey?

Enjoy getting settled.

Sincerely,

Sara
Sure, c'mon over. Bring some steaks or burgers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or