U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:27 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,486,953 times

Advertisements

Now I like most of Aldi's items but coffee is not my favorite. I only tried the large cans of the ground coffee so perhaps the whole bean is good.
As far as foods seeming stale, I haven't had that problem. Their tunrover is huge so items getting stale must be only certain stores.....My opinion only!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 01:11 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,726,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
There is a brand new ALDI store opening at the lake today. Does anyone know about this chain as I have never shopped there?
I used them in the U.K.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 PM

622 posts, read 1,587,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
has anyone tried their coffee? Just wondering if it is good....
We buy the german coffee in the soft package (can't remember the brand name) and find it quite good.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 PM

21,983 posts, read 27,269,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarin View Post
We buy the german coffee in the soft package (can't remember the brand name) and find it quite good.
They use Belmont for the brand name for a lot of the coffee-related products. It might be that.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 AM

146 posts, read 415,963 times
In the Lowes shopping center at the intersection of Hwy 16 and 73, on Hwy 73.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
where at the lake?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
We shop the ALDI in Matthews. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

This weekend, got some fabulous spinach strudel and zucchini strudel (made in Italy). . . so good! Flaky and an economical brunch! And French tarts! Yes - made in France! And absolutely delicious! And lots of other things . . . cheaper than we can find anywhere else and superb quality.

We still do the bulk of our shopping b/n HT, Food Lion, Lowes . . . have never really gotten into Bi-Lo but plan to spend more time there in the future. We fill in with terrific buys from ALDI - including non-food specials.

We have been very impressed with the quality - especially with their wonderful imported goods.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:12 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Oh - meant to ask - have any of you tried ALDI's "Fit and Active" products? I wondered what you thought. Haven't tried them yet but the stuffed sandwiches look good. So I was just wondering if anyone else had tried those products out.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 PM

87 posts, read 309,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
From my understanding the owner of Aldi is also the same owners as Trader Joes...not the same foods, but just the same owners.
I think you're correct. I love them both.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 PM

416 posts, read 808,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ignatowski View Post
What everyone has mentioned so far here is absolutely correct. Here is the link to find the store location nearest to you. I hope it works.

ALDI - Store Locator

The spouse loves this place. I was skeptical at first when all the non-name brands started appearing in the cupboard, but I was wrong. I believe mostly all of the boxed/bagged items at Aldi are private label, but packaged with the generic/non-brand name box/bag. The Clancy potato chips taste exactly like Lays, the Clancy "Dorito" chips taste just like Doritos, etc. The spouse likes the olive oil and tries to do as much of the grocery shopping at Aldi's. Why pay $4 for a bag of Doritos you can get for a little over a buck? Also, you cannot beat their Fit and Active line of everything. You save a huge amount of money at the Aldis. There is a new one in Denver which is a little bit nicer and bigger than the one in Lincolnton. But the one in Lincolnton is just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh - meant to ask - have any of you tried ALDI's "Fit and Active" products? I wondered what you thought. Haven't tried them yet but the stuffed sandwiches look good. So I was just wondering if anyone else had tried those products out.
Jim gave a recommendation which has me curious to try the line also.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 PM

551 posts, read 1,194,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
The "Fit and Active" soy milk and granola are good. I always get their soymilk although a four-pack of Silk from Sam's Club is about 10 cents more per half gallon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte