Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,908 times

Advertisements

Greetings and thanks in advance,

I'm relocating to Charlotte in a couple of weeks. I'm planning to renting for a while until I learn my way around. My job is actually in Albemarle, so only the east side of the city is realistic. Really didn't think Albemarle was the right fit for my family.

Mint hill was recommended to me.

I tried to find homes for rent but the lists are actually infrequent and spotty.

Anyone know a good way to locate home rentals, a rental broker?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,337,971 times
There are some houses for rent along Pence and Harrisburg roads that will place you in a good position for the commute. Pence Pond , Kingstree , and a new development on the right before crossing 485 coming from Albemarle may offer rentals. Just out of curiosity , what did you find displeasing with Albemarle? Last time I went , I stayed for 2 days and came back;it seems to be a dead zone. My sole purpose of traveling out there is to fish and rent boats at Morrow Mountain. After just 1 day , I began seeing the same people I saw there in my initial visit in 2007. I felt like a hamster in a wheel.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:11 AM

16 posts, read 33,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbemarleMD View Post

I'm relocating to Charlotte in a couple of weeks. I'm planning to renting for a while until I learn my way around. My job is actually in Albemarle, so only the east side of the city is realistic. Really didn't think Albemarle was the right fit for my family.

I tried to find homes for rent but the lists are actually infrequent and spotty.

thanks
What Kind of rent are you looking for I an always out in the mint hill area and there are homes for rent there. Depending on what you are looking to spend

Old 09-18-2009, 10:12 AM

393 posts, read 1,182,850 times
I rented a home in Versage in MH. Found it just by driving thru the plan. It was a private rental.
Nice house...rancid community. Was glad to leave a year later.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,375,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
There are some houses for rent along Pence and Harrisburg roads that will place you in a good position for the commute. Pence Pond , Kingstree , and a new development on the right before crossing 485 coming from Albemarle may offer rentals. Just out of curiosity , what did you find displeasing with Albemarle? Last time I went , I stayed for 2 days and came back;it seems to be a dead zone. My sole purpose of traveling out there is to fish and rent boats at Morrow Mountain. After just 1 day , I began seeing the same people I saw there in my initial visit in 2007. I felt like a hamster in a wheel.
PENCE??? I would not recommend that area myself. Not to mention, it is not in Mint Hill.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,375,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbemarleMD View Post

thanks

Doc, Mint Hill is an excellent choice, it is a nice place to live. I will dm you some links to a few homes I found on my internet search.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:42 PM

97 posts, read 368,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
I rented a home in Versage in MH. Found it just by driving thru the plan. It was a private rental.
Nice house...rancid community. Was glad to leave a year later.
Could you pls explain what you mean by "rancid" about Versage? Thanks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte