U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:10 PM

16 posts, read 107,062 times

Advertisements

We just had 7 trees taken down. Some of them were very large and close to the house. Dan Porter of All Around Tree Service did a great (and inexpensive) job. We were amazed as we watched these huge trees come down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 04:56 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,069,916 times
Thanks for the info.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:18 AM

116 posts, read 253,334 times
I'd have to give a big thumbs up to Stumpy's Tree Service (yeah the name is cute) located in Sherrills Ford.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,276,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokeyGassaway View Post
We just had 7 trees taken down. Some of them were very large and close to the house. Dan Porter of All Around Tree Service did a great (and inexpensive) job. We were amazed as we watched these huge trees come down!

Your login sounds like a home remedy.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 AM

359 posts, read 503,653 times
Anybody care to chime in on this for me?

I'm looking into getting some trees removed if I can fit it in my budget.

Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,295,801 times
Quote:
What is inexpensive? If you don't want to post what you paid I understand. Did they take away all of the debris?

I had a dozen trees taken down several years ago, and paid about $900. SO when my neighbor told me what she was paying a guy to do less work recently, I was stunned. He was halfway through, so I kept my mouth shut.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:09 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,881,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
What is inexpensive? If you don't want to post what you paid I understand. Did they take away all of the debris?

I had a dozen trees taken down several years ago, and paid about $900. SO when my neighbor told me what she was paying a guy to do less work recently, I was stunned. He was halfway through, so I kept my mouth shut.
I approached the tree service that was cutting down my neighbor's trees. She had 2 cut down the same type and size. (sweet gum)

He quoted me almost $3000 to cut my 2 down. I was flabbergasted (I didn't know it was that high if that's the norm) and I said no thanks.

Later on neighbor came out and asked me if I am going to use them as she loved them and didn't they do such a good job. I asked if they were going to remove the stumps, she said no that was extra. She went on to say they were the lowest of the estimates she got. And it was $3000.

Is that the norm? The trees are in the front yard with clear access from the road. They are straight up and not over a house or lines.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:32 PM

11 posts, read 20,053 times
Quote:
How much did they charge if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 03:38 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,295,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I approached the tree service that was cutting down my neighbor's trees. She had 2 cut down the same type and size. (sweet gum)

He quoted me almost $3000 to cut my 2 down. I was flabbergasted (I didn't know it was that high if that's the norm) and I said no thanks.

Later on neighbor came out and asked me if I am going to use them as she loved them and didn't they do such a good job. I asked if they were going to remove the stumps, she said no that was extra. She went on to say they were the lowest of the estimates she got. And it was $3000.

Is that the norm? The trees are in the front yard with clear access from the road. They are straight up and not over a house or lines.
Unless the trees are about a thousand feet tall, or were removed in one piece and that one-of-a-kind tree removal machine had to be brought in, $3000 is ENORMOUSLY out of line.

I can't tell you what that should cost but I know that can be done far more cheaply, with good results.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM

359 posts, read 503,653 times
$100/tree sounds good to me and I would do it!

I need to really start getting estimates...free estimates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte