U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,057,166 times

Advertisements

I am in the food industry and have worked at and currently work with various hot dog producers and can personally vouch for Hebrew National. They are made with 100% beef. Not beef parts, or fat, or mechanically descaled meat. In the hot dog industry, the "What you don't know, won't hurt you" motto definitely reigns true!!!

That being said, I love Nathan's hot dogs!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,708 times
hey im goin back home in late july and i plan on bringin a butt load of them down with me. along with some kimmelweck rolls lol. i could either send ya some while im up there or bring some down with me. i live over in durham and charlottes on the way since im comin down through ohio. lemme kno! sarprincess03@aol.com and yes nyc hotdogs are different. they'r more like those red dogs you get down here. i prefer the pork hotdogs which sahlens are but they also have the beef ones too. i personally dont like beef hotdogs. cant wait to get me some sahlen's!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:43 PM

928 posts, read 3,530,842 times
Suthernyankee - I love your name. Yes, I'd love some hot dogs in July. I am willing to drive almost anywhere to get them. I know that some hot dog parts are unmentionable, however, my college biology teacher worked for Oscar Meyer's and he told us all the nastys about hotdogs. I still love them.

I don't eat Red hot dogs, something is weird to me about red hot dogs.
I'm not too concerned with Kosher hot dogs. I don't like Nathan's hot dogs either.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:37 PM

Scored some, without the huge delivery fee of UPS.

I'm hoping to find out more about getting these transported on a regular basis, maybe even work out a business plan, ofcourse, I wouldn't discuss it here.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:37 PM

41 posts, read 108,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Anyone from Western NY (Buffalo or Rochester) that has Hot Dogs transporated? I am looking to buy some. My family won't be down bringing them and I though this might be a chance to get some.

Please privately email me and we can set up the details.

Thanks -
XNYgirl
We ship Buffalo food all around the country. We are just getting are web site up and running. If you want to place an order, email me @ buffalohometowncravings@hotmail.com. We will work out the details.
Thanks
sg928

Old 05-31-2007, 01:10 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,765,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Groove - not helpful. I'm sure hebrew national are mass produced like gwantley at the super market.

KMWay - these hot dogs are regional, I think NYC hot dogs are different. I'm sure some of the NYC people can advise where to get them when your there.
C'mon. Do you think that each Sahlen's hot dog is individually made by hand like it is the Ferrari or Bentley of weiners? They are mass-produced like any other hot dog.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,629 times
Talking Sahlens

Heading to Buffalo in August and yes, I will be bringing home some food! Where are you located?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,765,382 times
Harris Teeter and Bi-Lo now both carry Molson XXX since the beer strength law was repealed last year. I saw it the other day at Bi-lo and it was $5.99 a six pack and HT of course was $1 more.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 PM

16 posts, read 44,837 times
I will be happy to bring you back some Sahlens. Since we do the same thing all the time. We are going up for a wedding the beginning of August. We always come home with a huge bag full. Just place your order, how about some bison chip dip to go with it!!

Old 07-07-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
C'mon. Do you think that each Sahlen's hot dog is individually made by hand like it is the Ferrari or Bentley of weiners? They are mass-produced like any other hot dog.
Groves = I owe you for this 'dig'. I know that these hot dogs aren't special made. They just wouldn't be worth lusting after if they came from the supermaket, hence ease of accessiability.

I don't know anything about beers, are they good?

Yes - I would love hot dogs and chip dip. I will send you a pm.
See grooves now I know who my real friends are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte