Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:48 AM

31 posts, read 60,271 times

Advertisements

I live in Ballantyne and have always thought that the combination of welcome pillars located on:1) Ballantyne Commons Prkwy and the intersection of Old Lancaster Highway, 2) Ballantyne Commons Prkwy just past Kensington, 3) 521 and Providence Rd West, 4) and the Ballantyne Bridge just past 485 spanning 521 make up the four corners of Ballantyne.

If those are the boundaries, then Ballantyne Elementary is not really in Ballantyne, it is just south of it.
Does anyone have the definition of the actual boundaries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 02:33 PM

104 posts, read 177,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psrmail View Post
Folks, WHen I went to Ardrey chase last day, I saw 3 sold signs. Anybody from this group bought there? Did they give any incetives/discounts? I heard they are being very stubburn. Please let me know what best any of you got after they reduced the base price?
We just bought there. They didn't give any incentives aside from the public servant discount (military in my case), which was $1500 IIRC. My main rebate came from using a discount broker in the form of half his commission kicked back at closing.

One thing to note is they did bump the prices up by 8k on all the models about a week ago. I guess they lowered the price too far and sold too many homes too quickly?? IIRC about 8-10 lots sold in the last 6 weeks.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 AM

9 posts, read 14,599 times
I just recently moved here from Maryland approx. 3 weeks ago. I live in Hawfield Farms Townhomes. The area is really really nice I love that they have a wide range home homes making it affordable for almost anyone to live here; However I would caution if you have children entering High School my daughter hates it. I have noticed alot of chest thumbing about school stats.. Please Please visit the schools (if needed) b4 purchasing a home. So we are actually going to move over the summer.. I hope this helps. thanks..

Old 05-23-2010, 04:56 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,212,299 times
It appears that Ballantyne Village is going to be foreclosed on and auctioned off by the Sheriff on the Mecklenburg courthouse steps. It's the same, now getting routine, story. i.e. Too much irrational debt beyond what the economy will support. Hold onto your socks.

Lenders foreclosing, intend to auction off Ballantyne Village - CharlotteObserver.com

Last edited by lumbollo; 05-23-2010 at 05:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte