U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM

714 posts, read 2,026,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
event = having a baby out of wed lock
You missed the point I was trying to make, but I'm not surprised. I posted after reading just Ani's post and didn't read on to see what a hateful, racist thread this had become.

I'm sure that you never had sex before marriage, and neither did your partner. Or if you were indecent enough to commit such a sin, you would have totally rushed to the courthouse for a private wedding, so not as to further shame your family with your sinful behavior, and to legitimize the existence of your baby before whatever God it is you worship. Because of course, the very existence of your baby would have otherwise been "illegitimate" because you had not recited some words and signed a piece of paper in front of someone who had the right credentials. Naturally, a life isn't worthwhile and recognizable until you have completed the paperwork.

These people didn't feel they needed to do that right away for whatever reason, and this woman is trying to help create a sense of family and responsibility among couples who have had children. I expect she is doing much more to positively impact this world we live in than all the righteous, judgmental and racist posters in this thread have.

I'm disappointed that this thread isn't already locked by a moderator, especially after reading a racist post that advocates forced abortion a few pages back. But it seems there are tremendously different standards among my fellow Charlotteans about what's responsible and decent behavior.

I'd much rather befriend a couple that's had a baby out of wedlock and is trying to make it right, than the majority of you who see this topic as merely an excuse to continue being hateful and racist and to feel that you're "above" someone else's circumstances.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:31 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,582,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
You missed the point I was trying to make, but I'm not surprised. I posted after reading just Ani's post and didn't read on to see what a hateful, racist thread this had become.

I'm sure that you never had sex before marriage, and neither did your partner. Or if you were indecent enough to commit such a sin, you would have totally rushed to the courthouse for a private wedding, so not as to further shame your family with your sinful behavior, and to legitimize the existence of your baby before whatever God it is you worship. Because of course, the very existence of your baby would have otherwise been "illegitimate" because you had not recited some words and signed a piece of paper in front of someone who had the right credentials. Naturally, a life isn't worthwhile and recognizable until you have completed the paperwork.

These people didn't feel they needed to do that right away for whatever reason, and this woman is trying to help create a sense of family and responsibility among couples who have had children. I expect she is doing much more to positively impact this world we live in than all the righteous, judgmental and racist posters in this thread have.

I'm disappointed that this thread isn't already locked by a moderator, especially after reading a racist post that advocates forced abortion a few pages back. But it seems there are tremendously different standards among my fellow Charlotteans about what's responsible and decent behavior.

I'd much rather befriend a couple that's had a baby out of wedlock and is trying to make it right, than the majority of you who see this topic as merely an excuse to continue being hateful and racist and to feel that you're "above" someone else's circumstances.

I don't know what your issue is, but you were very clear that you weren't comprehending what was meant by the term *event*. No one is being racist and for that matter abortion isn't a race matter, yet a moral/ethics issue. If you look at the history of the term *baby daddy* you will see where it comes from, there is absolutely no denying that. So therefore using this term isn't playing the race card.

No one here feels that they are above another, they are simply stating their thoughts and opinions on this topic just as you are. The difference is that you are calling them racist, hateful and arrogant and they have not acted in that way.

The truth of the matter is the answer isn't to have a "marry your baby daddy day" to make this all right. It is to keep from having children out of wedlock to begin with. It is not fair to bounce a child's life, hither, thither and yon because the so-called adults can't control themselves.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:41 PM

714 posts, read 2,026,683 times
Quote:
No one here feels that they are above another, they are simply stating their thoughts and opinions on this topic just as you are. The difference is that you are calling them racist, hateful and arrogant and they have not acted in that way. .
LOL... OK, so you from this I can only presume that you also advocate forced abortions, and insulting the President and other black people as well. You're a saint! Glad to know your morals and standards so I can stop paying attention to your posts too.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:47 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,395 times
Quote:
I'm disappointed that this thread isn't already locked by a moderator
Not clicking on this thread would alleviate a lot of your disappointment.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:47 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,867,673 times
Quote:
LOL... OK, so you from this I can only presume that you also advocate forced abortions, and insulting the President and other black people as well. You're a saint! Glad to know your morals and standards so I can stop paying attention to your posts too.
Forced abortion? Where are you getting this? Maybe she meant abstinence, or safe sex?

Old 11-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:

where have I spoke of abortion? Where have I mentioned the President?
Where have I insulted a black person?

If you would read with comprehension you would know what my morals are.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,046,190 times
Quote:
no clue what you are talking about?
If you were reading all the posts, you would have read that someone made a comment about the origin of the term and that it applied specifically to Black and Hispanic unwed mothers. I believe Michelle Obama was mantioned as well.

Baby Mama (2008) Here is a link to the movie. The term is used by many, not a specific community.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
If you were reading all the posts, you would have read that someone made a comment about the origin of the term and that it applied specifically to Black and Hispanic unwed mothers. I believe Michelle Obama was mantioned as well.

Baby Mama (2008) Here is a link to the movie. The term is used by many, not a specific community.

As I stated yesterday, this saying goes back farther that Michelle Obama or this movie. It all began in the general public (if you will) as a song. You can find it on youtube or simply by googling it you will find it's history.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,046,190 times
Quote:
As I stated yesterday, this saying goes back farther that Michelle Obama or this movie. It all began in the general public (if you will) as a song. You can find it on youtube or simply by googling it you will find it's history.
OK. But does that change anything about how it is used now? I don't think it does, but if you feel it is relevent, ok.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
OK. But does that change anything about how it is used now? I don't think it does, but if you feel it is relevent, ok.

It doesn't matter if I feel it is relevant or acceptable. The point is that the way it is used today, is the same way in which it has always been used.
Nothing has changed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte