U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 AM

25 posts, read 58,810 times

Advertisements

I have a question for all of you who currently live or are moving to Charlotte soon. What is the absolute end all be all BEST neighborhood in South Charlotte. Disregarding money here for a second, what is the neighborhood you feel has the best home designs, community activities, location, schools, etc... in South Charlotte and into South Carolina? I am curious what everyone thinks is the BEST.

Second question, does anyone know about Regent Park neighborhood in the Ft. Mill area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 05:48 AM

85 posts, read 326,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missfl98 View Post
I have a question for all of you who currently live or are moving to Charlotte soon. What is the absolute end all be all BEST neighborhood in South Charlotte. Disregarding money here for a second, what is the neighborhood you feel has the best home designs, community activities, location, schools, etc... in South Charlotte and into South Carolina? I am curious what everyone thinks is the BEST.

Second question, does anyone know about Regent Park neighborhood in the Ft. Mill area?
High Gate is in Union, (within 1/2 mile of CharMeck). Half the taxes of Meck and awesome homes.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 AM

70 posts, read 326,387 times
You are more than welcome to live in South Charlotte, South Carolina, or Union County. I hope you love sitting in your car. Because traffic in these spots are terrible.

I would recommended huntersville below exit 23 on I-77

Old 05-04-2007, 07:16 AM

1,891 posts, read 5,549,297 times
I think it really depends on your price point -- for example, what are the best communities in a certain price range.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:49 AM

928 posts, read 3,532,295 times
Meyer's Park, Cotswold and The Elizabeth Communities, South Park, these are many of the 'richer' communities and they have sidewalks, which are rare in the newer developments.

As for the traffic, don't let the guy's scare you, so what if you spend 50% of your life stuck in traffic, there are starbucks everywhere you go. southern living is the best.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 20,504 times
Default Possibly relocating to Charlotte

Hi~
I am considering relocating to Charlotte. I am thinking near Steele Creek because that is where my family is.
I am going to rent first, looking at the apartments in Arsley........ does anyone have any feedback on them? Good or bad?
Also, what about the ones called Magnolia Station???
Any info would be appreciated. I am from a small town in NJ, so this will be all new to me. I don't want to end up in a "bad" situation.
Thanks!!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:04 PM

6 posts, read 34,196 times
Missfl98--Hey there, my name is Lauren. I can tell you my opinion, and take it as you wish. I have lived in South Charlotte my entire life, and absolutely love it. I drive to work every day, and yes of course there is traffic, but there will be traffic no matter where you live, if you are driving on the interstate. South Charlotte is absolutely beautiful, and very well maintained. The best schools in the system, as well as private schools, can be found here. My husband and I live in the Ballantyne area, which includes every price point and every amenity. For a neighborhood with esteem and prestige, look into Ballantyne country club or Piper Glen. The price points in these neighborhoods are 600k-2mil+. Everyone in the Charlotte area has heard of Ballantyne. It is on a very large and very nice golf course, has a resort on site, and any amenity a country club comes along with. If you are looking in the $2-5million range, look into Longview Country Club. Breathtaking is the only way to describe it. You can easily find a European style Estate with over 10,000sq feet on multiple acres in there. Moderator cut: tos violation
Thanks!
Lauren

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-06-2008 at 11:46 PM..

Old 06-06-2008, 09:17 PM

4,093 posts, read 10,156,452 times
Depends on when your commute is and where you need to go. This isn't always the case.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertrule View Post
You are more than welcome to live in South Charlotte, South Carolina, or Union County. I hope you love sitting in your car. Because traffic in these spots are terrible.

I would recommended huntersville below exit 23 on I-77

Old 07-25-2009, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 18,251 times
Hi Guys how r u? I m moving from NY to Charlotte NC I m looking good family and nice community in Charlotte NC., I m looking rent around $600 to $700, and i m working Uptown so i need waking distance to train station so I can take Train to my work. I m new in this area so please help me out. Thank You All

Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 AM

8,722 posts, read 7,938,655 times
Well, right now the Light Rail only runs near South Blvd from uptown south to I-485. The "good family" neighborhoods there would be Dilworth and, to a lesser degree, South End. I think you'll be hard pressed to find rent in either of those neighborhoods for $600-700.

You could probably find places in that price range to the west of South Blvd off the Light Rail line, but those areas are less family friendly, from what I've seen.

Do you have kids? What size apartment do you need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or