Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 11:06 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times

Advertisements

I won't go into all the details of our recent sale/purchase but the bottom line is there were LOTS of unexpected issues with the sale of our previous home. The deal fell through twice due to buyer financing and each time at the very last minute. MI Homes, who we purchased our home from, had every opportunity to keep our Earnest Money and sell our new home to someone else. Not only did they not do that but the entire Charlotte team did everything in their power to make sure we wound up with our home. Now before you think they only took care of us because of the current market you should know the neighborhood we bought into is virtually sold out; I believe they have 3 inventory homes, not yet built, left. The MI Financial team was patient and understanding even when they had to do their job 3 separate times for us. Even the 3rd and final time I was unable to 100% guarantee the sale was definitely going through. They still pulled all the numbers together to insure we would be ready if and when our buyer was ready. They gave me advice on how to handle various scenarios; they gave me emotional support when things seemed almost hopeless. They cheered with me when everything FINALLY came together. Never did I feel they placed their potential commission ahead of helping us get into this house. If anyone out there buys a home from MI Homes, you should seriously consider using their finance company. They made a difficult situation infinitely better for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte