Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:39 AM

364 posts, read 483,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I can assure you any Yankee Brass or guys like Bill madden/ phil mushnick (sportswriters who cover the Yankees) will agree w/me that for the Yankees its different. There payroll is always the highest in the league and their fans are more demanding then any in the league.

This comes w/the territory. They spend over 200Million a year not to be runners up in the WS.

You (as a Yankee fan) are in a no-win situation. If the Yankees win the WS then people will say "well they have the most talent year in and year out, they should win). And if the Yankees DON'T win the WS, you'll get blasted for underperforming....

THAT is the difference between the Yankees, and say the Angels or Mets or Marlins for that matter.....

Again, it comes w/the territory....
Sportswriters? Their opinions mean so much to me! hahahaha

It's obvious you're trying to paint this "no win situation" picture, but you're failing. We Yankee fans could not care less about payroll gripes and sour grapes. Like it or not mlb is a business. Your beef is more with supply/demand economics than with the Yanks. Because of the Yanks mlb got free agency, playoffs, and luxury tax. What more, as a _______ fan (since you STILL haven't divulged) do you want?

That's the difference between the Angels $113M payroll, Mets $135M payroll, and the Marlins $36M payroll??? The difference between the team with the #2 payroll and #30 is the same?? So we should perform $65M better than the Mets, who didn't make the playoffs? Surely with the #2 payroll in baseball, you would expect them to at least have a winning season?? (70-92)

"That's why we play the game."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:49 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,054,812 times
Coupon must be a Mets fan.

(Coupon, I'm j/k. But the joke seems to fit right now lol).

Old 10-22-2009, 01:46 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Coupon must be a Mets fan.

(Coupon, I'm j/k. But the joke seems to fit right now lol).
LOL, no fyi I'm a redsox fan. Wingate would be happy to know that...

Look, its no big deal. I don't fault the NYY organization because they do everything possible to win. That's what EVERY organization should do, but it doesn't happen. Some owners pocket their profits, some spend it on players, luxury tax be dam*ed. Wingate gets all ticked off and I understand the frustration, but it is what it is.....

It still comes down to a no-win situation..... but at least his ownership gives his team a chance to win the WS every year...

Old 10-22-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
LOL, no fyi I'm a redsox fan. Wingate would be happy to know that...

Look, its no big deal. I don't fault the NYY organization because they do everything possible to win. That's what EVERY organization should do, but it doesn't happen. Some owners pocket their profits, some spend it on players, luxury tax be dam*ed. Wingate gets all ticked off and I understand the frustration, but it is what it is.....

It still comes down to a no-win situation..... but at least his ownership gives his team a chance to win the WS every year...

Finally! What, were you ashamed? Surprise surprise, a disgruntled red sox fan. I couldn't be less ticked off; your team got swept and we're on the verge of hopefully our 40th pennant.

By the way, the Red Sox outbid the Yankees just to talk to Matsuzaka (for a mere $51 million), remember? How many teams could/did write that check? How many of your starting 9 are homegrowns or drafted, in which case, who cares what we pay them? 14 of the 25-man roster right now were either drafted or brought up through the ranks, meaning we developed good players! 3 of those have only been Yankees, for 14 years - which is unheard of these days. I'm quite sure all of us Yankees fans agree that your "no win situation" statements are absurd.

Anyway, back to what matters, this year and the Yankees. The 4th win should certainly be difficult to get tonight. I think Lackey will be tough, not to mention it will be "Johnny Wholestaff" for the Angels, being backed into a corner. Go Yanks!

Old 10-22-2009, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 6,138 times
if burrnett don't throw ground balls in later innings,& jaba stays on the bench,we win!

Old 10-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingate20 View Post
I'm quite sure all of us Yankees fans agree that your "no win situation" statements are absurd.

!
Their not because back in NJ all the NYY fans agree w/me....sorry.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
I don't like the Yankees, and it's definitely cuz they ruined the Indians chance of a World Series win years ago. I have no problem admitting that

Old 10-22-2009, 09:45 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,213 times

you take him and you take girardi and you tie them to a pole and throw rocks at them all day.

you don't know how to manage a damn game then sit out like you had mo just sit out and watch until you finally decided to actually manage the damn game and send him in.

lol, no, lmao @ burnett x damaso x hughes. what in theee hell.

joba is garbage.
damaso been garbage.
lord knows burnett is garbage.
joba is definitely garbage.

i mean hell. send reggie jackson out there to throw pitches. send spike lee out. ***** could pitch on the mound.

they just GAVE the damn game away, then when we finally scored runs, do you take our burnett and put in mariano?

lol no.

hell no.

what do you do?

you effing keep him on the mound like he's done anything except be a bum all night and you keep him until he gets into trouble yet again and then you take him out and put in who?

mariano rivera??

him??

oh no, you put in damaso marte!!!

ahahahaha!! damaso marte!!!

forget it. im done ranting. i mean thats not even the halfway point of this bull. then you have damaso who can't get us out of trouble, i mean of course not, when has he been effective? na, then you put in hughes who collapses under pressure. hughes...cool. great. nice.

NOT WHEN THE GAME IS LIKE THIS. YOU PUT IN MARIANO THE EFF RIVERA.

this is the equivalent of the 96 bulls benching jordan, kukoc, pippen, rodman, longley, kurr, etc. and putting in some random bench warmer and telling him to play the last quarter when the bulls are tied or behind.

smh in absolute disgust at the lack of managing, no wait, smh in absolute disgust at the OVER managing that got us into THIS game and smh in absolute disgust at the UNDER managing, the LACK OF MANAGING, the POOR DECISIONS, S, PLURAL, that girardi made with leaving aj out there for 3423434324 innings and giving the game away in the first damn inning.

THANK YOU GIRARDI.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 AM

Yankees up 3-2 going back to their place. The last time this happened was in 2004. Uh-oh........

Yankees had it but couldn't close it out....burnett, swisher & hughes were the goats..lackey is going to get a lot of money after the season is over...

Big rainstorm forecasted for the Bronx Saturday night, probably postponed till Sunday.....all hands on deck for pitchers.....Pettite is a money pitcher and should close it out....

Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Yankees up 3-2 going back to their place. The last time this happened was in 2004. Uh-oh........

Yankees had it but couldn't close it out....burnett, swisher & hughes were the goats..lackey is going to get a lot of money after the season is over...

Big rainstorm forecasted for the Bronx Saturday night, probably postponed till Sunday.....all hands on deck for pitchers.....Pettite is a money pitcher and should close it out....
I guess when your team is out, all you can do is live in the past. Who cares about 5 years ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: