Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:55 PM

364 posts, read 483,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
LOL at no idea what I'm talking about. No need to get mad that Mariano blew it. He's a great pitcher but he lost that series bottom line..surprised even a homer like you can't come to grips w/that. Regarding payrolls, in MAJORITY of cases the more you spend, the better your chances of making playoffs. Of course you will have teams that have small payrolls but they very rarely are there day in and day out. No argument there.....

Yes, you have someone homegrown guys, but w/o CC burnett & Texiera & Arod, the team is avg at best.

Again, the season starts now. No win in the world series, the season is a failure.....

Now you're just being presumptuous. I couldn't be less mad that Mo is our closer. You're the one dwelling in the past. Homer? Well, guilty as charged; after all, this is a thread for YANKEES FANS. He lost the series???? I guess you think that a kicker missing a last second field goal lost the game as well? That's stupid. All you can do is remember the last play? What about the 7 games played leading up to it? The strikeouts, errors, runs given up, etc etc etc. Every play matters. Every play contributes. To blame the series loss on one play shows your lack of knowledge.

Don't skim over with "some homegrown" guys.....they're the nucleus and have been for 10+ years.

You continue to say nothing....generalized statements that are evidently driven by your ties to whatever team.

Last edited by wingate20; 10-02-2009 at 09:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 05:13 AM

457 posts, read 1,377,637 times
Okay, so Mariano blew it, he's human, he hasn't blown too many games in his illustrious career. Mo is having one of his best years in '09, and like "wingate20" stated, we can't win it all every year, but I'll take the 27 World Championship rings anyday....GO YANKS!!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:01 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
we can't win it all every year, !
That's true however w/the payroll and players they've had over the past several years, not winning one has been a huge disappointment. I'll give you the fact they have more pressure than any MLB team, but that goes w/the territory.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:08 AM

Yet another plunking....last night it was Teixeira (in the hand, instead of the face)....hope we can get to the playoffs healthy!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:19 AM

What a game last night! Hope the actual playoffs are this exciting. Let's continue our undefeated streak against the Twins this year!

Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times

AAAAaaaaaAAnd-aaaah
if i can make it theeeeeere...
i'm gonna make it...

.....ANYWHEEEEEERE
its up to you, New Yooooork, New YOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRK
NEW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRK!!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:46 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
so when the yankees clinch their spot in the world series tonight, i want the haters to come out and post your thoughts about the ALDS as well as the ALCS.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
so when the yankees clinch their spot in the world series tonight, i want the haters to come out and post your thoughts about the ALDS as well as the ALCS.
Haters? You mean the people who don't like the Yankees? I don't like the Yankees,(also don't like the Phillies) but I can give you my opinions for what its worth. They've played well in the series. I think its aforegone conclusion that they'll advance.

I think the WS is going to be a good one...seems that way. Again, the Yankees need to validate the season by winning the world series, anything less is a disappointment. The good thing for them is that Arod is doing well during the playoffs for the 1st time. Also, all the high priced talent that Cashman brought in seems to be clicking (for years he bought alot of "talent" that didn't meet expectations or mesh w/the guys).

I'll be watching for sure. Should be a good series.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Haters? You mean the people who don't like the Yankees? I don't like the Yankees,(also don't like the Phillies) but I can give you my opinions for what its worth. They've played well in the series. I think its aforegone conclusion that they'll advance.

I think the WS is going to be a good one...seems that way. Again, the Yankees need to validate the season by winning the world series, anything less is a disappointment. The good thing for them is that Arod is doing well during the playoffs for the 1st time. Also, all the high priced talent that Cashman brought in seems to be clicking (for years he bought alot of "talent" that didn't meet expectations or mesh w/the guys).

I'll be watching for sure. Should be a good series.
Any team in the WS is "disappointed" if it doesn't win. I'll only feel the season is a disappointment if we don't win the pennant because we've been playing so well. To say otherwise is disrespectful to the Phillies. For that matter, same goes with this series and the Angels, who are a very good team. It's not over yet and most think/thought it would go 6-7 games. You don't win on paper and anything can happen in the WS.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingate20 View Post
Any team in the WS is "disappointed" if it doesn't win. .
I can assure you any Yankee Brass or guys like Bill madden/ phil mushnick (sportswriters who cover the Yankees) will agree w/me that for the Yankees its different. There payroll is always the highest in the league and their fans are more demanding then any in the league.

This comes w/the territory. They spend over 200Million a year not to be runners up in the WS.

You (as a Yankee fan) are in a no-win situation. If the Yankees win the WS then people will say "well they have the most talent year in and year out, they should win). And if the Yankees DON'T win the WS, you'll get blasted for underperforming....

THAT is the difference between the Yankees, and say the Angels or Mets or Marlins for that matter.....

Again, it comes w/the territory....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: