Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM

79 posts, read 287,225 times

Advertisements

Hey All,
I need some advice about how to handle a situation with our neighbors and I would like to handle this correctly. We are currently renting and we have shared outdoor areas with neighbors. The issue were having is they have two small children who are urinating all over the place. At first I thought it was just child without a diaper thing but now it is come to the point where it is a daily basis and on our area and in front of our door and behind my car. The neighbors do not speak english they are from India and I am not sure what to do. I find it to be really gross and unsanitary but they do not speak english should i approach the landlord? This just can not go on...grrr...
I love our place it is in Myers Park and it is in a great area it seems crazy that this is even an issue. I appreciate feedback and what my rights are and how to approach the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsandlimes View Post
Hey All,
I need some advice about how to handle a situation with our neighbors and I would like to handle this correctly. We are currently renting and we have shared outdoor areas with neighbors. The issue were having is they have two small children who are urinating all over the place. At first I thought it was just child without a diaper thing but now it is come to the point where it is a daily basis and on our area and in front of our door and behind my car. The neighbors do not speak english they are from India and I am not sure what to do. I find it to be really gross and unsanitary but they do not speak english should i approach the landlord? This just can not go on...grrr...
I love our place it is in Myers Park and it is in a great area it seems crazy that this is even an issue. I appreciate feedback and what my rights are and how to approach the situation.
Since language is a barrier I'd let the landlord handle it asap. This is just gross!!! Other than that, get out the Clorox Cleanup and start hosing everything off when they are around, maybe they'll take a hint. Good luck with this one!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:44 PM

79 posts, read 287,225 times
good idea with the clorox! i wasnt sure what the landlord would say because it is a little strange and gross. I think at this point we have no choice

Old 09-30-2009, 09:59 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
That's odd that they don't speak English. I've never run into someone from India who doesn't speak perfect English, except some Sikhs.

These people sound like they may have lived in the countryside or a small village, where they came from.

There were similar problems in West Philly, years ago with resettled boat people, after the Vietnam War. I knew some people who lived in the neighborhood, so I would suggest that you start with the landlord & if that doesn't produce instant results, call the health dept.

I suggest getting Lysol, spray & liquid, & forget the Clorox. The Clorox can ruin your clothes if it splashes onto them & can ruin the carpet if it gets tracked into your house.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:16 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,962 times
In our country we don't make pee pee in the street! It's a cultural thing. Try to explain it to them gently.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,896 times
Unless you meet someone of Hindu descent and tell them of this malady. maybe they can break the barrier. Aside from that , I'd probably call the landlord.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:52 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
The things people do in a third world country are often not the same as we do here...............................yet... LOL

Old 10-01-2009, 08:24 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
I've never heard of such a thing.

I'd pay a visit to the home. SOMEBODY there speaks English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsandlimes View Post
Hey All,

Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,318 times
I'm going to ask a perhaps too obvious question: are you sure it's the kids? Maybe there is a pet going potty all over the place.

I just can't believe that a family who lives here is letting their kids go to the bathroom all over and does not realize that is NOT how things are done here.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:30 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Number 2? The reason I ask is idk how you would even know that they were only peeing unless you saw them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte