Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:13 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,357,757 times

Advertisements

I know. Maybe NC should follow in SC steps and lower property tax while raising sales taxes. I don't know how this is actually going to work, as it isn't going to save me much on my property tax, if at all, but the burden is shared more evenly.

Oh and damn, when are they going to put a Wegman's in Fort Mill hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 02:17 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,890,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Oh and damn, when are they going to put a Wegman's in Fort Mill hahaha
HA! Don't make me come down there and find you groove!!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 PM

390 posts, read 1,509,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
The best thing about living in SC is that you get to use all the resources here in NC to make a living for your family yet you don't have to contribute to the community from which you earn your living as much as the rest of us who live here AND work here.

Kudos to you.
Note the sarcasm.
Sarcasm noted. But don't those of us who work in NC pay our state income tax to NC? I haven't filed since we moved, but that's what I've been told. Some of us also share our income with United Way in Mecklenberg, the Arts and Science Council, the parking garages, the restaurants, etc. Speaking for my family, the only things we buy in SC that we used to buy in NC are gas and groceries. Hell, even the local Target is in NC.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 AM

21 posts, read 50,513 times
I am moving to Fort Mill from Albany NY in about eight months. We are building in a wonderful Pulte community. I am a teacher, and I am trying to figure out how the teacher world works in Union County. I know the pay is lower, but a friend in CMS has had a nightmare experience working there. If I want to get a job in Union, is there a job fair? When is it? Does Union also have "transfer fairs" like CMS? Is this the right forum to ask??

Old 09-11-2007, 07:32 AM

36 posts, read 44,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Maybe not in their post, but both my jobs are in NC, so guess what? I spend a decent amount of money in Charlotte on things like groceries, meals, and entertainment, all of which are subject to NC and Charlotte sales tax, so we do contribute something (besides pollution from our uninspected vehicles )while also just spending money in an area is good for that area's economy. It's just part of living in a metro area. And yes, I know you were being sarcastic.
Exactly. The only thing I buy in Indian Land is my gas(since it's so much cheaper), an occasional pizza pie from Si's, or dinner from Showmars. Most of my hard-earned income goes to businesses in South Charlotte. I do most of my shopping in Ballantyne, Blakeney or Southpark mall.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:08 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,357,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
Sarcasm noted. But don't those of us who work in NC pay our state income tax to NC? I haven't filed since we moved, but that's what I've been told. Some of us also share our income with United Way in Mecklenberg, the Arts and Science Council, the parking garages, the restaurants, etc. Speaking for my family, the only things we buy in SC that we used to buy in NC are gas and groceries. Hell, even the local Target is in NC.
Yes, we do pay income tax in NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte