Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't know how large of a place you are looking for/needing, but there are townhomes for rent in the Ayrsley development, too. It's really a great place to live and it's ~5 mins from the MS office.
I'll agree with Hooligan as well - Ayrsley is a great area to be in, both in terms of the housing options as well as the surrounding amenities. We moved here from DC just over a year ago and we're quite happy here. They have a community website at: www.ayrsley.com if you want to check it out.

And in addition to the apartments that Hooligan mentioned (which are quite nice and also have a limited number of two-story, townhouse-like units) there are also the Colonial Grand apartments as well (Colonial Properties Trust - Colonial Grand at Ayrsley) which are a bit older, but do run for a bit less in terms of rent as well, although we've never checked those out in any detail. It looks like a 1 or 2 bedroom there would run between roughly $600-$900 whereas the Gramercy Square ones will run you anywhere from $850 - $1300 per month (but they are very nice and fairly modern in design from what we have seen of them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 12:54 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,451,484 times
Arysley is great! I wish I could afford to live there, LOL.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:38 PM

8 posts, read 12,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Arysley is great! I wish I could afford to live there, LOL.
Thanks NCgirl. Sounds like Arysley is the best overall recommendation for us as per our requirements . Any condos in the arysley area that are coming up? I guess, we are not yet ready for a townhome or a single family home because of regular maintenance.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
I'll agree with Hooligan as well - Ayrsley is a great area to be in, both in terms of the housing options as well as the surrounding amenities. We moved here from DC just over a year ago and we're quite happy here. They have a community website at: www.ayrsley.com if you want to check it out.

Thanks Tober138, that really helped me in figuring out the rental prices. I am hoping to get some specials as well because of the winter time

Old 10-05-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't know how large of a place you are looking for/needing, but there are townhomes for rent in the Ayrsley development, too. It's really a great place to live and it's ~5 mins from the MS office.
hooligan: - I am looking for a 1BR or 2BR apt. I checked the one that you strongly recommend. Its awesome and has cable/internet too. The price is little high but I am hoping to see some specials coming up in late fall or winter time.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebillgates View Post
Any condos in the arysley area that are coming up? I guess, we are not yet ready for a townhome or a single family home because of regular maintenance.
There is a set of apartment-style condo units planned for Ayrsley (signs are up) but they have yet to break ground on them, so I do not know what the time-frame is for those to actually be available.

Also, with regards to pricing: depending on where you are moving from, you may find that some costs balance out. We moved down from the Baltimore / DC area so, in general, the cost of living here in CLT is much lower than we were used to. Things like our electric bill are easily half of what they were up north (for a much bigger space here). So depending upon what you are used to, you may find that you are spending less on things which might help balance out the rental costs. Having said that, the one apartment complex is still relatively new (it just opened up this year) so I would definitely contact them to see what kind of deals they can offer as I'm sure they want to get people in those units. In fact, I think thy are still finishing construction on part of that development.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 AM

69 posts, read 263,059 times
I live at the Gramercy and I pay $786 and that includes my washer dryer, cable and internet PLUS i got one month of rent free. Personally, I think for the size its a great deal. The fitness center is great and the amenities are the norm. The office staff IMO is a little slow and doesnt have the right attitude to be in property management/customer service. But if you dont ever need to encounter the sour ladies that work in the office, I say go for it. Everyone who I have encountered that lives here is SUPER nice.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkydinkydoo View Post
I live at the Gramercy and I pay $786 and that includes my washer dryer, cable and internet PLUS i got one month of rent free. Personally, I think for the size its a great deal. The fitness center is great and the amenities are the norm. The office staff IMO is a little slow and doesnt have the right attitude to be in property management/customer service. But if you dont ever need to encounter the sour ladies that work in the office, I say go for it. Everyone who I have encountered that lives here is SUPER nice.
Thats a 1 BR, right?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 PM

69 posts, read 263,059 times
It is a one bedroom.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkydinkydoo View Post
It is a one bedroom.
That comes to $720 including cable/internet for a 1BR. Looks like an awesome deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte