U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,001 times

Advertisements

Is the area near Northlake safe. We are visiting and want to stay in a hotel near Northlake and go to the mall. 2 women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 12:37 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,496,235 times
The Drury Inn seems nice: Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake (Charlotte, NC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

As for the 2 stores that are closing, im not shocked at all. Jewelry stores come and go quite often. When you have malls with 4 to 8 separate jewelry stores, you cant expect all to survive. I remember back in CT when the Brass Mill Mall opened up, on the top floor, it had 4 jewlrey stores all across from each other in one section, then 2 more in another, go to the bottom floor, add another 2 more. After a few years. that obviously wasnt going to work. Same with any mall, people dont need that many of ONE type of store. I dont know of anyone who would end up price shopping at 8 jewelry stores.

Same goes for this specialty TV place. You need the clientele to shop there. In a bad or recovering economy, people want good deals and discount prices, not high end, overpriced merchandise. How many people think of going to the mall for a TV?

Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM

2,870 posts, read 1,659,040 times
Stores always close. That's the way it goes. Hopefully, something else will come along to fill a demand, but we'll have to see what that demand may be. I fear that Northlake may one day go the route of Eastland Mall, but it's not close to that yet.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:52 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,496,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Stores always close. That's the way it goes. Hopefully, something else will come along to fill a demand, but we'll have to see what that demand may be. I fear that Northlake may one day go the route of Eastland Mall, but it's not close to that yet.
I still think they need to make a more obvious highway presence. They have a sign, but by the time you see it in either direction, its a bit too late to get off. I dont believe theres a sign on the highway that says "Mall - Next Exit".

Old 03-17-2011, 05:01 AM

249 posts, read 369,973 times
i visit the mall frequently and i think traffic is picking up. It seems like their efforts to minimize the mall from being a teenage hangout is working. If we go to the mall we always go around noon and we are out before the evening comes.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:42 AM

2,341 posts, read 4,048,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeagain2 View Post
Is the area near Northlake safe. We are visiting and want to stay in a hotel near Northlake and go to the mall. 2 women.
Yes, the area is safe. However, I'm not sure why you want to stay so close to the mall. You won't have much to do after the mall closes as the area surrounding is mostly residential. If you do stay by the mall, I would stay at the Drury(?) Inn that is on the mall property. There are restaurants and a movie theater there. Do not stay at the motels at the sunset exit? That looks like truck stop area.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:52 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,018,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown28031 View Post
i visit the mall frequently and i think traffic is picking up. It seems like their efforts to minimize the mall from being a teenage hangout is working. If we go to the mall we always go around noon and we are out before the evening comes.
Agreed. Last time I was there it seemed way busier than previous times I had been. It's still undisputedly the metro's second best mall. I am hoping the rumors are true about Apple opening a second Charlotte location at Northlake. It would be an excellent boost for the mall.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:07 PM

613 posts, read 1,017,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Agreed. Last time I was there it seemed way busier than previous times I had been. It's still undisputedly the metro's second best mall. I am hoping the rumors are true about Apple opening a second Charlotte location at Northlake. It would be an excellent boost for the mall.
Apple at Northlake? That would be nice and would def. be a good boost for that mall. Good to hear their strategies of keeping the troublesome teens away...for a a time it seemed like people were talking about the next eastland...when I moved to Charlotte all of my friends told me Eastland used used to be where they shopped all the time.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:16 PM

1,554 posts, read 2,924,108 times
I definitely think Charlotte could support another Apple. The one at Southpark sometimes has lines on the weekend. I was there on Monday of this week and it was still packed, although the rest of the mall was relatively empty. There were at least 20 employees on the floor and they were all busy and people were waiting.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:31 PM

45 posts, read 79,020 times
Busier than normal due to ipad 2 release this past Friday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or