Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM

84 posts, read 208,604 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if you would share your experience with acupuncture....and where you recommend to go. I've been thinking of going to relieve my anxiety and stress and possibly to help with fertility. Any information would be helpful TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM

54 posts, read 115,534 times
My Brother has been going to an Acupuncturist for years for his esaphagus (sp). The food was getting caught in his esaphagus and was causing desperate pain.

Ever since he has been seeing the Acupuncturist, the pain is gone and the food seems to pass through with ease.

So, I have never had any first hand experience with it, but it works for my brother!

Last edited by ilovethemountains2; 10-05-2009 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: added text

Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times
I saw an acupuncturist for stress and depression, and received a LOT of benefit from the treatments. It removed energetic blocks I had, and really helped me move forward.

I highly recommend Wendy Swanson (http://www.starpointacupuncture.com/index.htm - broken link) - she's very intuitive, as well as knowledgeable about acupuncture and energy meridians. I think she'll do a consultation for free, just to chat about acupuncture and whether it would be a good choice for you.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:54 PM

332 posts, read 1,430,593 times
I know secondhand is not very useful but that's all I have to offer and I think it's valuable.

I know about a dozen people, personally and very well, who use acupuncture services regularly. They absolutely can't get enough of it. I've never heard a complaint.

I've had it recommended to me by friends, a professor, a supervisor, a general practitioner MD, my allergist, and my rheumatologist.

I also know one acupuncturist (She doesn't treat any of my friends, I know her through another outlet), and she's a calm, joyous person who just gives off good vibes on the daily.

N=1 is useless, and n=whatever 2nd hand info I'm passing along is probably just as useless, but I wanted to toss it in there that I've heard great things, for years, from all sorts of people trying to heal all sorts of issues with no complaints.

I'd do it myself if I had the cash to spare. It just hasn't been a luxury I could afford so far... well, ok, I've chosen other luxuries (shoes, bags) over it, but definitely keeping it on my short list of things to do!!

Old 10-05-2009, 04:59 PM

156 posts, read 407,680 times
Acupuncture is wonderful!!! It can help so many things, and I have personally used it for all the same reasons you are considering. I personally see Cristin Gregory at Wellbeing Natural Health in Cornelius (her # is 704-655-7324). If you live closer to Charlotte, then I recommend Dr. Michael Stadtmauer (704-373-9976). He is actually an acupuncturist and Naturopathic Physician.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:01 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
I too am interested in seeing an acupuncturist for fertility. If you find one you like, will you post the info here for me? TIA!

Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 PM

422 posts, read 1,365,775 times
Hey all! I go for fertility and all of the above :-)

I go to Marston St. John in Pineville. Shes AMAZING. So far so good :-) I used to go to Dr. Wang in Ballantyne and I was not impressed....

Here is her website. Good Luck!

St John Acupuncture provides the highest quality services to help you achieve optimal health!

Old 10-05-2009, 08:17 PM

211 posts, read 501,074 times
whats the price range for it?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:03 AM

370 posts, read 752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I too am interested in seeing an acupuncturist for fertility. If you find one you like, will you post the info here for me? TIA!
Dr. Wong in Stonecrest is good.

Also, contact Sangati Yoga, they have a whole fertility accupuncture practice.

(Anje Seufert will help you)

Old 10-06-2009, 09:58 AM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times
As a last ditch effort to help our dog who came down with rheumatoid arthritis at 9mos we took him to a holistic vet for acupuncture. The results were immediate! Personally, I have never had accupuncture but if I felt like I needed it I would not hesitate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte