U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM

79 posts, read 184,160 times

Advertisements

i appreciate the warning! how come they were ranked so high on the best places to work in charlotte..the website looks great too..lol

Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,817,704 times
Default They are legit

someone I know knows the owner very well so I don't think you have anything to worry about with them.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM

79 posts, read 184,160 times
that may be true and it may not be a fly by night operation. However I am not interested in being a telemarketer so it is what it is..i ll stick with the current gig until something better comes my way

Old 10-14-2009, 10:02 AM

81 posts, read 146,394 times
I am an eye doctor in the Ballantyne area and I see many of the employees that work at Red Ventures. They all rave about working there and love their jobs. Part of my job is to ask about how they use their eyes at work and I like to know if people enjoy what they do.

This is not scientific by any means, but I believe that they have a good culture with some strong core values based on what I have seen and heard.

I just wish that NC could have figured out how to keep them in NC. I know the Chamber will be unhappy to lose this business to South Carolina.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,865,690 times
There was another thread about them a couple months ago

Red Ventures job fair 8/12

Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 AM

1,548 posts, read 1,756,392 times
They're at it again. I can't help but wonder if they pay the Observer for the space. Does anyone from the Observer ever go down to their offices or to these fairs? Maybe speak to HR or anonomously to some employees to get some idea as to whether their reported head count is accurate?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:24 PM

529 posts, read 1,367,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
They're at it again. I can't help but wonder if they pay the Observer for the space. Does anyone from the Observer ever go down to their offices or to these fairs? Maybe speak to HR or anonomously to some employees to get some idea as to whether their reported head count is accurate?
Funny. I thought the same thing today when I read that and checked the name of the person that wrote the article to see if it was a normal reporter for the Observer. I wonder if they wrote the last few articles too? Didn't know they moved out of NC to SC.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:10 AM

345 posts, read 509,873 times
I believe they moved to SC due to lower taxes and lease on the building as well as growth in their operation. Telemarketing definitely isn't for everyone, but I imagine there are plenty that would consider it nowadays with the current unemployment rate in Charlotte. Just because they are primarily offering jobs in telemarketing, doesn't make this a scam. These are legitimate jobs with a growing company.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:58 AM

3,360 posts, read 5,334,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
If they have 250 employees in Charlotte currently and they're looking to add 100 people immediately, that's not high turnover, that's a revolving door. And in today's economy, I'm not buying it. People are hanging on to even bad jobs. They're slick marketing guys and they're playing the Observer like a piano.
Call centers are basically a revolving door. Most people work there around 1-4 months, with a handful staying longer.

I worked at a telemarketing place for like 2 months, and I was in a training class of 10 people. When I left only 2 of them still worked their. The rest either got fired, quit, or transferred within the company. And the ones who got fired were terrible at the job.

They have loads of turnover, but I think they are nice to have around. They are a nice safety net because pretty much anyone can get hired at these places, and if you have a decent work ethic you wont have to worry about getting fired. you can make like $12 an hour and work full time. If your in between jobs working at a call center while looking for work isnt the work thing possible.

But its not something I would do as far as long term employment.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 20,181 times
Default Avoid Red Ventures. It's a scam to avoid paying employee benefits.

My son worked in telemarketing at Red Ventures...trained for 2 weeks. All his supervisors told him he was doing an excellent job, better than most anyone else. He received a tin of cookies which said "Welcome to the Red Ventures family." With no warning whatsoever, he was summarily fired after working for 6 weeks, exactly two days after receiving the cookies. They brought out a spreadsheet showing that he was down 3% in some nebulous category, but way up at the top in everything else.

Apparently, Red Ventures is involved in some sort of scam which enables them to avoid paying benefits...they train you, work you for a short period of time, and then fire you before they have to pay benefits. Nice situation for them, devastating for the people they are scamming.

If you're thinking of applying for a job at Red Ventures, don't sign a lease on an apartment or buy a car, thinking that you finally have a job. You're being used, then discarded like an old piece of meat. Email me and I'll talk with you about this. BEWARE of Red Ventures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte