Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:14 PM

248 posts, read 747,608 times

Advertisements

Anyone shopping here... check your receipt when you're done, especially if you're shopping in the garden center. Third time I've been charged the wrong price for something, and I'm not talking a few pennies but between five and ten bucks each time.

A few weeks ago I bought an item and it came up wrong... told the cashier who got someone to look at it and it turned out they had stocked the wrong boxed next to the wrong prices. They gave me the item at the lower price, but I based my buying decision on the price... just like most of us do. I may or may not have bought it... I may have forgotten about it until later, checked the receipt and had to go back.

Like the other day when I bought some flowers listed at $.99 outside. When I got them home realized I had been charged nearly $3 / each for those flowers, despite the fact there was a big "$.99" right on the side of the flower pot. Had to go back to the store ad get my refund.

I know Lowes is a few miles down the road, but I'm just going to plan on going there from now on, regardless of price. I don't want to have to wonder if everything I get at HD is coming up wrong at the register.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 03:45 PM

905 posts, read 3,454,359 times
I have had so many Home Depot issues, I shop there as a last resort. I am Lowes man all the way!!! They are not perfect but so much easier to deal with.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:52 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
Now that we have the Home Depot, I can't stand Lowes, especially for plants. Home Depot has a much better and healthier selection. We usually get out of there with something for free - they are really good at forgetting to ring stuff up!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Now that we have the Home Depot, I can't stand Lowes, especially for plants. Home Depot has a much better and healthier selection. We usually get out of there with something for free - they are really good at forgetting to ring stuff up!
Not exactly something I would brag about! That makes you no better than someone who goes to a store with the intent to steal.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 PM

um, not when i don't notice until i look at my receipt. don't throw stones.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:54 PM

You said: "We usually get out of there with something for free - they are really good at forgetting to ring stuff up!" It sounds to me like it has happened more that once. So knowing it happens repeatedly and conveniently not looking at your receipt. No excuse.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Good to hear coastal!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:14 PM

248 posts, read 747,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post

Wow - which one do YOU go to??!!??

Well, happened to me again... wanted to go back and see if all the good flowers were picked over, but I found one I wanted to put in the garden. Rang it up again for $3 instead of the $.99 clearly marked on the side of the container. Even after the last time this happened and they told me someone would check the containers to make sure they're right... that was three days ago.

When I pointed it out to the cashier, she blamed it on customers changing prices and putting stickers on the wrong plants. When I told there were at least another two dozen containers out there with $.99 stickers on them (cmon, what customer is changing the prices on all those plants?) she just shrugged. Obviously trying to tell me it's not her problem, let's put it that way.

Buyer beware!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:48 PM

I go to the same one - Rivergate. You know who has great flowers though is Young's Nursery, down on 521 just south of 160. It's kind of a drive, but well worth it for quality. I got some beautiful pansies there that are 100x better than anything I have seen at HD or Lowes. What kind of flowers were you looking for at HD?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:49 AM

16 posts, read 62,831 times
I go to the local guys too, try to avoid the big boxes if i can, even if i'm paying a little more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: