U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:28 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,277,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post

now, this is a hot dog!!

Wait a second...who puts two slices of tomato on a hot dog??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,642,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
There are Waffle Houses AND Chik-Fil-A's up north. At least they have both of them in Ohio.

I don't think I've ever been to a White Castle b4 midnight either, OR sober for that matter. LOL.

I saw a bunch of those Krystal places in Florida and Alabama, never tried 'em tho.
i've never seen a chick fil a or waffle house in nyc.
iirc, a chick fil a does exist in nyu, tho.

Last edited by eek; 10-13-2009 at 06:16 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,277,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
i've never seen a chick fil a or waffle house in nyc.
iirc, a chick fil a does exist in nyu, tho.

The farthest up the northeast I've seen a chik fil a is at the Monmouth Mall in New Jersey. If there's one further north than that it'd be news to me.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:05 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,112,395 times
Thinking that NJ is much further north than Indiana, but, I know people in Evansville, Indiana that are the operators of a Chick fil A there.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:35 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,877,536 times
Probably won't find them much further than Indiana, though. I have never seen them in Illinois unless it is further southwest Illinois.

On a personal note, this is one of my favorite fast food places here LOL. I don't eat there often, but my kids love it and they have some very fun kids meals toys. I don't think I can ever have McDonald's again. It kind of grosses me out lately.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM

21,903 posts, read 27,179,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
The farthest up the northeast I've seen a chik fil a is at the Monmouth Mall in New Jersey. If there's one further north than that it'd be news to me.
Yup, Chik fil a is all over South Jersey & has been for years.

I knew there was a Waffle House in Elkton MD, so I searched with my old zip code. There's a couple in Delaware & one in Allentown & one in Bethlehem.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,112,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Wait a second...who puts two slices of tomato on a hot dog??????
Chicagoans do!! And, lettuce, too. Mostly, the tomatoes are wedged, but, occasionally you will see slices.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:38 AM

3 posts, read 1,701 times
chicago deep dish=too heavy, doughy, greasy

chicago thin crust=better than the deep dish, but in Chicago the crust is normally too chewy or dry, pizza is sometimes too salty due to a thicker layer of cheese and added spices

The perfect pizza in my opinion would be a New Haven style pizza (amazing) with the sausage that is on Uno's from Chicago

Old 12-16-2009, 09:09 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,715,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
white castle >>> _____.

IMO white castle needs to come to the south and chick fil a needs to come to the north. somebody make it happen already.
Unless Massachusetts is considered south, I have eaten at chick fil a in the Boston area. To be specific, it was in Peabody. Additionally, White Castle used to be on West Trade Street years ago. It was across from the old bus station. It was closed because of crime in that part of town at that time. At the end, it was mostly patronized by druggies and hookers. I did enjoy White Castle after drinking. Are there no White Castles in Charlotte anymore? Guess with Five Brothers and other competition are too much. I did like the little price for te little burgers.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,039,938 times
White Castle's website shows the closest one being in London, KY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte