Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 08:25 AM

239 posts, read 877,627 times

Advertisements

Hi! Im going to see Pitbull tonight, and I need some info. I tried to call the venue, but to no avail.

Show starts @ 9, I have to find out what time doors open, but Im wondering if anyone has been and can tell me if there are usually quite a few people lining up b4 doors open or no?

Also, do u line up inside or outside? Pertinent info, as today is pretty crappy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 09:07 AM

43 posts, read 134,366 times
I would try calling again. I have reached them using (704) 549-5555. You have to sit through several minutes of a recorded message before you can speak with a live person.

People do indeed line up, so it depends on the show. Last show I went to started @ 7:00...doors opened @ 6:00 and there were 20 people there around 5:00. Another time the show was also @ 7:00 but the doors opened @5:30.

So calling later in the day, is your best bet...or just show up a couple hours early. You will have to wait outside.

The venue has no seating so it is general admission, standing room only. However, if you get there first you will be 4 feet from the performance. There is an atm and 2 full service bars. Drinks start 2 $6.00 and go up to around $10.00. The back half of the venue is the VIP area. It has seats, 2 bars and a large open floor area. I have read internet posts that some seats cost an extra $250.00. After seeing it hardly seems worth it.

Overall, I enjoyed the last show I went to very much. Just know that if you need a drink or the restroom you will struggle to get in and out of the crowd. I attended the B.B. King show last week with what I thought was an adult crowd....but they were just as rude as kids if you needed to get out or back in

Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 AM

Thx so much for the info!! Perfect!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 AM

170 posts, read 458,691 times
Doors open at 7:00pm

Special ticket deals have been offered for the show each week since they went on sale which leads me to believe that demand has been lacking. Bought my tickets about a month ago for $10 each.

I would not worry about being there when the doors open if you are seeking a decent spot. We went to the Collective Soul show, showed up quite late for a Friday night date, and was still able to watch the concert 20 feet back from the stage.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:31 PM

983 posts, read 1,633,993 times
For Collective Soul everything started 8pm and doors opened 7pm. Don't know about the line because the opening acts were bad and I arrived for the main feature only.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan101 View Post
Special ticket deals have been offered for the show each week since they went on sale which leads me to believe that demand has been lacking. Bought my tickets about a month ago for $10 each. .
That all has to do with Live Nation, who books the Filmore and the Amphitheater, as well as Verizon - they've been doling out ticket deals all summer long for shows just to get people in the doors. Makes sense since they get a cut of the concession and merchandise sales at all these shows as well.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
For Collective Soul everything started 8pm and doors opened 7pm. Don't know about the line because the opening acts were bad and I arrived for the main feature only.
How was it? I really wanted to see Collective Soul in Charlotte (I've seen them 3 times in other cities!) Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone to go with! Anyway, I'm very happy for them on the success of the new album!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:17 PM

went and got front row! great venue!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 AM

983 posts, read 1,633,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
How was it? I really wanted to see Collective Soul in Charlotte (I've seen them 3 times in other cities!) Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone to go with! Anyway, I'm very happy for them on the success of the new album!
Perfect setlist The venue really helps because it's small and you can get really close to the band. My second best CS concert. I had seen them three times in Mexico City, 1997, 2001 -Bon Jovi closed for them- and 2001 again -this time on their own-, and once in Fayetteville in April.

NC Music Factory seems to be working at getting decent-but-not-hugely-successful bands to stop skipping CLT.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 7,805 times
If you want to get to as close to the stage as possible.. What would be the best "seats"?!
When I want to buy tickets it says GA, FLOOR GA, FLOOR PIT, VIP FLOOR... a;lskdfjal WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? Help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte