Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times

Advertisements

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1001792.html (broken link)

I just wonder if there really will be an additional 300 folks hired for the Charlotte site. They have had a presence here for a long time . . . and I wonder if folks will be transferring here and taking those "open" jobs. Of course, even if there are no real job openings with the relocation, it will be good to have the headquarters here . . . and if people transfer here, that should help with selling some houses - wh/ is also much needed.

Last edited by brokensky; 10-16-2009 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: added link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,585 times
Is this regarding Premier? I guess I'm not familiar with their whole name.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:35 PM

Okay, GK . . . either I am going crazy or something wacky is going on with City Data. My post is showing up as the first post on this thread, and I replied to a post that someone else put up (I think it was Carolina Blue). It had a link to the article. Now I come back in - and the original post is gone!! I have no idea where Carolina Blue got that article - I don't remember now. Dear me.

ETA: I went back in on my earlier post and added the link to a CLT OBS article. I still can't figure out where the original post went. Anyway - in regard to what you were saying, GK - yes, Premier. They have had most of their workforce based out of Charlotte for years (I thought).

Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,120 times
Premier which is a health alliance had this mentioned.

The 300 new jobs will pay an average salary of $69,400 a year. There are no plans to move employees from San Diego or the company's offices in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., company officials said.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Premier which is a health alliance had this mentioned.

The 300 new jobs will pay an average salary of $69,400 a year. There are no plans to move employees from San Diego or the company's offices in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., company officials said.
I have not worked for them but I have worked with a lot of their employees over the years, and it is a good company. I would surely recommend folks applying for jobs if they see an opening they are qualified for.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,904,356 times
My husband has worked for Premier many years. It is a very good company and we're thankful for the growth the company has continued to experience, especially during the recession. We're excited about the move to Ballantyne since this will shorten my husband's commute to a mere 10 minutes, but I feel sorry for his co-workers who live on the northern side of the city and beyond. Ballantyne restaurants, hotels, etc. will certainly benefit from having Premier in the neighborhood. I'm sure the owners are thrilled with the news.

If Premier says they're going to hire another 300 people, believe it. IMO, if there are any transfers, they wouldn't be for new positions. Those people would continue to do the same job they were doing in San Diego, Philly, or Washington. There really aren't many employees in those locations anyway. The Charlotte office has been the hub for many years, but since the former CEO lived in San Diego, that's where the headquarters stayed.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
My husband has worked for Premier many years. It is a very good company and we're thankful for the growth the company has continued to experience, especially during the recession. We're excited about the move to Ballantyne since this will shorten my husband's commute to a mere 10 minutes, but I feel sorry for his co-workers who live on the northern side of the city and beyond. Ballantyne restaurants, hotels, etc. will certainly benefit from having Premier in the neighborhood. I'm sure the owners are thrilled with the news.

If Premier says they're going to hire another 300 people, believe it. IMO, if there are any transfers, they wouldn't be for new positions. Those people would continue to do the same job they were doing in San Diego, Philly, or Washington. There really aren't many employees in those locations anyway. The Charlotte office has been the hub for many years, but since the former CEO lived in San Diego, that's where the headquarters stayed.
Thank you so much for the insight! My impression has always been that Premier is topnotch. I am relieved to hear this means 300 "for real" jobs.

I hope we are going to see many more corporations moving their headquarters here. We certainly have a talented workforce and we have real estate, both commercial and residential, to support these organizations.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
We're excited about the move to Ballantyne since this will shorten my husband's commute to a mere 10 minutes, but I feel sorry for his co-workers who live on the northern side of the city and beyond.
I'd be one of those. The move to Ballantyne will stretch my commute from 12 miles to 28 miles. I wonder how long that will take to drive each day? Currently, my 12-mile commute is just 20 minutes. Supposedly, I'll be going "against traffic," though.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,359 times
It was announced this week that Premier is closing the Philly and San Diego offices and relocating these jobs to Charlotte. I guess plans have changed since the jobs announcement in October.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 AM

604 posts, read 1,306,772 times
Premier predecessor SunHealth was established in Charlotte in 1969 by the North and South Carolina Hospital Associations with assistance from The Duke Endowment. The current Premier healthcare alliance was created in 1996. It currently employs more than 750 of its 1,200 employees in Charlotte, along with all of its major operations.

The decision will bring the bulk of Premier’s employees together under one roof. Premier also has 500 workers in San Diego, Philadelphia and Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: