U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 AM

292 posts, read 591,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsubaby View Post
Ok so I need some opinions from ya'll. I've narrowed my home search down to 3 neighborhoods. Highland Creek, Gilead Village(Huntersville), and Crosswinds (Huntersville).What does everyone think between these 3. I really Highland Creek bc of the amenties, but I really love the charm of the homes in Gilead and Crosswinds so I'm a bit torn.
I just bought a house in a neighborhood about 1 minute past Gilead Village (in the Henderson Park neighborhood). I was interested in Gilead Village at first, but ultimately decided against it because of the small yards. Will you want a yard to play in? Also, there are major power lines running right over some of the houses I think.

Henderson Park is in your price range, with some houses actually under it.

Commute-wise, I work in uptown in the BofA tower, and the commute ranges from 20-35 minutes depending on what times you are the road. In bad weather, it seems to take 35-40 minutes. Gilead Village should be identical to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 09:01 AM

47 posts, read 89,456 times
Another vote for Highland Creek. I live on the Concord Mills side and my wife and I love it.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM

7 posts, read 11,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthfairy516 View Post
My family and I are planning a move to charlotte as well and we're trying to narrow it down to a city. How bad is the traffic during race times in Concord?
The race happens 2 times in a year, so it is not bad at all. During the race week it gets a little worse around the exits leading to race areas. But otherwise it is a nice city with average traffic. It depends on where you are moving from, if you are moving from a big city like NY, DC area, Chicago, California Cities and So.. traffic is lot less. If from a small city then you might feel it is a little more crowded.

But charlotte is not a huge city, It is occupied heavy in certain pockets than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte