U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 09:38 PM

5 posts, read 14,063 times

Advertisements

I have reviewed some of the stickies about relocating to the Charlotte area, but I have to ask. I have recently graduated from medical assisting school and plan on taking my AAMA certification December of this year, I wanted to know would I likely obtain a job in this field, even though the economy is bad. If so, can anyone suggest places I could send my resume to. Also, will I be taken seriously using my current NY contact information or should I use a friend's address in Charlotte. I would appreciate any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:45 PM

22,009 posts, read 27,305,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ.PATTYCAKE View Post
I have reviewed some of the stickies about relocating to the Charlotte area, but I have to ask. I have recently graduated from medical assisting school and plan on taking my AAMA certification December of this year, I wanted to know would I likely obtain a job in this field, even though the economy is bad. If so, can anyone suggest places I could send my resume to. Also, will I be taken seriously using my current NY contact information or should I use a friend's address in Charlotte. I would appreciate any information.
I would never misrepresent my address, or anything else, when applying for a job. Use your real address & if you want, give your friend's as an alternate.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:33 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,673,126 times
I'm not sure I would split hairs about using a friend's address in this job market. I know NOTHING about your given field so can't really help you there but I'd use your friend's address. It's not like you are lying about your education or anything of any real importance and it may turn some employers off. Good luck.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:47 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,695,683 times
Misrepresenting your address might lead a perspective employer to wonder what else you might "misrepresent". Honesty is always the best policy. If your employer doesn't want to hire you because you don't live in Charlotte, he/she won't be happy with you anyway.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:01 AM

1,644 posts, read 4,107,692 times
Carolinas Helathcare have this job in their career spotlight section.
One of the other healthcare systems is Presbyterian (Novant Health).

If it's still the same, with Carolinas you don't apply for a specific job, just fill in an application online and then a recruiter will match your skills to any available jobs.
I would strongly suggest following up with a phone call to HR department if you decide to do this.
Salary may be lower that you might expect.I know nurse salaries in NC are some of the lowest in the US, probably based on cost of living, rightly or wrongly.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:52 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,482,362 times
I don't think borrowing a friend's address is that big of an ethical lapse - most of the time the only thing that comes back in the physical mail is a rejection letter. If an employer is interested, they'll call or e-mail. Be sure you can show up within a few day's notice, though.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:18 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,156,934 times
Why don't you use your address in NY, but mention in the cover letter that you plan on relocating? That way employers will know you don't live here, but are planning on footing the bill for relocation on your own.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:29 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,482,362 times
When just out of college I used to use a friend's address in NC to register my car when I lived out of state ... sure made tags and insurance cheaper. Was a hassle to get back for the yearly auto inspection, though. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte