U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:07 PM

2,112 posts, read 4,736,843 times

Advertisements

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. I really didn't give you all much to go on.

I'm at a bit of a loss myself. I don't know these two very well but from what I recall, my roommate is a bit "corny". Her mother is an older version of her!

I want something that is a good representation of Charlotte I guess but not expensive. I expect it will be a nice time catching up but I'm not looking to spend a lot of $$$.

Was looking for something specific to Charlotte perhaps, or at least not avail in NJ. I'd bet they've been to McCormick & Schmick's since it's pretty popular back home. We won't be drinking. I prefer to be a lush in the company of those I love.

So, comfortable, decent and mid-range pricing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,163,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
The comedian Chris Rock famously advised, 'If a friend calls you on the telephone and says they're lost on Martin Luther King Boulevard and they want to know what they should do, the best response is ‘Run!’
Good one.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,163,732 times
Just go to Cosmos. They have reasonable tapas and drink prices. Or, you can order a meal which is really good in a relaxed, fun atmosphere. One can always go to <McCormicks and schmitts or Ruth christ, etc. Have fun at Cosmos.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:33 PM

2,696 posts, read 4,237,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. I really didn't give you all much to go on.

I'm at a bit of a loss myself. I don't know these two very well but from what I recall, my roommate is a bit "corny". Her mother is an older version of her!

I want something that is a good representation of Charlotte I guess but not expensive. I expect it will be a nice time catching up but I'm not looking to spend a lot of $$$.

Was looking for something specific to Charlotte perhaps, or at least not avail in NJ. I'd bet they've been to McCormick & Schmick's since it's pretty popular back home. We won't be drinking. I prefer to be a lush in the company of those I love.

So, comfortable, decent and mid-range pricing?
Places to go...

ScanFest in the Wachovia Atrium: http://www.scandinavianconnection.org/scanfest.html
New Harvey Gantt Center for African-American Art: Harvey B. Gantt Center
Museum of the New South: Levine Museum of the New South

Places to eat...

LaVecchias: Steak & Seafood Restaurant Charlotte NC, Uptown Charlotte Restaurant | LaVecchia's
Mez: MEZ
Harpers: Harpers Restaurant (http://www.harpersgroup.com/HarpersGrill.html - broken link)

Old 10-29-2009, 10:18 PM

2,112 posts, read 4,736,843 times
Harper's looks right on target - very cool! Thanks a million!!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 12:59 PM

110 posts, read 204,464 times
Thumbs up Mert's Heart & Soul

My husband & I discovered this little joint in Charlotte, called Mert's Heart & Soul, when we were first moving down to Charlotte. The place is cozy, the food is Southern comfort & we always bring visitors from NJ to this place, as their taste of the South!

Yolanda makes you feel right at home, calling you "Sugah" and bringing you plenty of biscuits! The prices are VERY reasonable, under $10 an entree.

Here's the website http://www.mertsuptown.com/

Last edited by lusochic; 10-30-2009 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: website

Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,466,149 times
Presto's? oh, how about mac's speed shop....yeah, that's the one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte