Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 AM

103 posts, read 460,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mags View Post
No Way, prices were supposed to increase as of june not decrease. I bought in English Trails and prices are holding steady for now.
Yes, that's what the Sales Rep. told us also. But prices did not increase in June. Today is 20th and they are still the same as a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 AM

182 posts, read 824,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lividsun View Post
I'm so disappointed in KB Homes. I went to their website yesterday and found out that the base price for our home dropped 20k.

Is there anybody who bought in Berewick and got a price reduction from KB at closing because of the base price droppings?
When I signed my contract in May, they told us that they are making concessions at time of closing...we signed for a lot sight unseen and I didn't like it. Over the phone, the rep told us that if we were not happy once we saw the lot, that we could just switch the $$ over to anotherlot within the community. Well, it really wasn't so easy as that. We actually had to sign a piece of paper that said that KB wasn't responsible for ANYTHING their reps say...isn't that hilarious?! So anyway, the price drop and concession info came out in the supervisors speech about not going to be able to make everybody happy, blah , blah, blah. So hopefully that is what they will do for those affected by the drop.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:03 AM

255 posts, read 885,174 times
KB dropped prices to get stock up. They are a national company, second largest spec home builder under Lennox Homes.

NC is a cash cow for them atm (obviously with our real state market) and they dropped the prices here to get their bottom line up before their end of year (which is July I think).

Everything else was smoke and mirrors.

The good news is they will amend the price of your home at close if the base price has dropped. Probably not the full amount but you should be happy none the less (its cash back in your pocket the way I see it).

If you’re looking to sell the home within the next year or so then yeah you’re pretty screwed. BUT if you're not, like most of us, who plan to live in the home 5-10 years, KB will be long gone out of the neighborhood by then. These homes resale pending on the upgrades inside, please keep that in mind.

My future neighbor is a sales rep so I get the low down, hehe.

-BC

Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,785,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
KB dropped prices to get stock up. They are a national company, second largest spec home builder under Lennox Homes.

NC is a cash cow for them atm (obviously with our real state market) and they dropped the prices here to get their bottom line up before their end of year (which is July I think).

The good news is they will amend the price of your home at close if the base price has dropped. Probably not the full amount but you should be happy none the less (its cash back in your pocket the way I see it).

If you’re looking to sell the home within the next year or so then yeah you’re pretty screwed. BUT if you're not, like most of us, who plan to live in the home 5-10 years, KB will be long gone out of the neighborhood by then. These homes resale pending on the upgrades inside, please keep that in mind.

-BC
I was told by the sales rep. The price on the signed contract is the final price and they cannot change it.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:12 PM

103 posts, read 460,408 times
Quote:

-BC

I was also told that they cannot change anything and that price should go up soon. I'm so mad that I may end up spending 20k more for my house than others buyers.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM

414 posts, read 1,380,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lividsun View Post
I was also told that they cannot change anything and that price should go up soon. I'm so mad that I may end up spending 20k more for my house than others buyers.
They are BSing you. I would tell them you are thinking about walking. They don't want to lose their comission.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:34 AM

5 posts, read 15,427 times
After reading about the price drop on KB's homes I told my MIL-who was about to close on a home in St. John's Forest-she told her buyer's agent-he got KB to DROP the price of the new home $12,000. Boy was she happy. And she is thrilled with the beautiful house. This took place a week before closing-so-it can be done. Closed two weeks ago. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:11 AM

255 posts, read 885,174 times
Also saw that Beazer Homes is in Aberdeen village now. They are from the 290's! Least that is what their sign says.

So THAT is good news.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:34 AM

422 posts, read 1,365,775 times
Hi! As a few of you know, I am a New Home Sales Agent. I used to work for KB as well.

I see your frustration and honestly, I don't blame you.

However, please do not blame your Sales Agent. Believe me when I tell you the Sales Agent is just as frustrated as you. There is nothing that they can ao about it. All they can do is bring your issues to management and thats all. It has NOTHING to do with their commission. Trust me when I say, its not that much to cry about. They all feel like they lost their integrity, but they still have to put food on the table.

BigCountry is right on with his response.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 AM

182 posts, read 824,787 times
Quote:
Also saw that Beazer Homes is in Aberdeen village now. They are from the 290's! Least that is what their sign says.

So THAT is good news.
Did they buy that beautiful stretch of land that was orginally going to be KBhomes?
I see that Aberdeen is off their website now, and our realitor had said that the land was becoming more worthy on it's own and they were thinking of selling it off. KB has done alot of that here in CA too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte