Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 AM

462 posts, read 1,843,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcDonald View Post
KB is experiencing issues nationally, and have been doing what the can to get their balance sheet right, which means getting bills paid, and liabilities off the books. Its not Berewick. 4 months ago at KB St John Forest, one of my clients was able to purchase an inventory home, priced at 279 for 234K at a special nationwide one day sale. They had to leave a 500 deposit then get in line. He was #2 in line, and bought the house.

That said- Big Country- or any of the others- do you have Buyer Agents? They could be a big help on matters like this. There are several ways of possible escape, the first in the financing contingency, its not automatic you giving up a deposit. PM me if you need more.

ps- To Charlotte infoseeker, the relationship you build with a sellers agent is not a reason to buy there... they always represent the builders interest, regardless of how nice they are to you, the builder pays them. Not that there aren't good ones, there are, but their power is very limited and once the contract is signed they have almost no power at all in their hands.
As for advice? Buy inventory at a discount, not a to be built. and IMHO Berewick is very sound investment choice. I've written on this, if you want a link to my blog post- the Problem with Builders PM me.
Was that home by any chance a Drexel with some silly upgrades like a camera for the front door etc? Just curious because I believe they showed my wife and I this house but felt the price was too high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 05:00 PM

414 posts, read 1,380,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
Countrywide is giving me 10k cash when I close (that was the incentive when I agreed to build). I am assuming this new price drop of 20k DOES not include that. But that still puts me 10k behind, which WILL get resolved come closing time or I simply will not close.

TBLTZ we are safe until we close (like you mentioned). We only pennys compared to dollars in at this point.

We just have to be sure to stand our ground come closing and make sure the final price at close is ammended to meet the current selling home of our home(s) in the neighboorhood.

I do not want to walk away because my wife and I love the house and the neighbood. But I will not get pounded in the ass to make sure KB's stock goes up a point....(Office Space lol)

I signed my contact in oct and my house is still not done for various reason. Some of me and some of the builder. But the only thing countrywide would give me was 1500 back at closing put they try to charge you 1% on your fiancing. I agree with you I like my house also but 20k is a big spread. Unless they tell me that they took away some standards and that is why the price dropped. I would be willing to walk away but I think that they will work with buyers becuase they don't want the house to sit and if you pull out of contact it costs money and time to sue somone so I don't know if they would do that.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMcDonald View Post
KB is experiencing issues nationally, and have been doing what the can to get their balance sheet right, which means getting bills paid, and liabilities off the books. Its not Berewick. 4 months ago at KB St John Forest, one of my clients was able to purchase an inventory home, priced at 279 for 234K at a special nationwide one day sale. They had to leave a 500 deposit then get in line. He was #2 in line, and bought the house.

That said- Big Country- or any of the others- do you have Buyer Agents? They could be a big help on matters like this. There are several ways of possible escape, the first in the financing contingency, its not automatic you giving up a deposit. PM me if you need more.

ps- To Charlotte infoseeker, the relationship you build with a sellers agent is not a reason to buy there... they always represent the builders interest, regardless of how nice they are to you, the builder pays them. Not that there aren't good ones, there are, but their power is very limited and once the contract is signed they have almost no power at all in their hands.
As for advice? Buy inventory at a discount, not a to be built. and IMHO Berewick is very sound investment choice. I've written on this, if you want a link to my blog post- the Problem with Builders PM me.
I was at that sale but now looking back those weren't the greatest of deals so im glad I didn't buy one because I still have pull in the position im in.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:53 PM

255 posts, read 885,174 times
TBLTZ I am prob 3 months from closing (had pre-drywall meeting this week). So please let me know how it goes! (Looks like you will be closing before me). I am off of Seamill Road there, towards the back.

I should be 4 months from closing but MAN they build these homes fast...hehe

Old 05-11-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
TBLTZ I am prob 3 months from closing (had pre-drywall meeting this week). So please let me know how it goes! (Looks like you will be closing before me). I am off of Seamill Road there, towards the back.

I had mine 3 weeks ago. But my house is delayed a bit because it was vandlized. So are closing are going to be close. Im going to start complaining on next monday because that is when my sales rep gets back from vacation. There is only a temp person in the sales office now and I wouldn't give them a hard time.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Ok this is what I found out. The communities that have prices dropped were mostly spec level 4 which means that They included the fireplace among other things that were standard.

Now these are spec level 2 so most things you were getting included are now an upgrade such as dishwasher and other things.

What I also found out is that lot preimums went up which is good for the communitys.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:13 PM

182 posts, read 824,787 times
Quote:

We will be neighbors then.... we are on Seamill too.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:45 AM

255 posts, read 885,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
Ok this is what I found out. The communities that have prices dropped were mostly spec level 4 which means that They included the fireplace among other things that were standard.

Now these are spec level 2 so most things you were getting included are now an upgrade such as dishwasher and other things.

What I also found out is that lot preimums went up which is good for the communitys.
I did not get a fireplace included.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 PM

28 posts, read 89,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
I signed my contact in oct and my house is still not done for various reason. Some of me and some of the builder. But the only thing countrywide would give me was 1500 back at closing put they try to charge you 1% on your fiancing. I agree with you I like my house also but 20k is a big spread. Unless they tell me that they took away some standards and that is why the price dropped. I would be willing to walk away but I think that they will work with buyers becuase they don't want the house to sit and if you pull out of contact it costs money and time to sue somone so I don't know if they would do that.
what exactly do you mean that tried to charge you 1% on your financing?

Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloClevelandCharlotte View Post
what exactly do you mean that tried to charge you 1% on your financing?
I mean they to charge you a 1% more apr than other mortgage brokers. Also they fees are outrageous that is how they can give you money off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte