Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,651,532 times

Advertisements

Callers report spotting the Food Network crew from "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" -- the show in which wild-haired Guy Fieri waxes philosophic (and enthusiastically hungry) about all sorts of places and specialties -- filming around town. Among the reported locations: Jake's Good Eats, South 21, Cabo Fish Taco, dish and Landmark Diner.

Helen Schwab: Food Network spotted in Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,602,543 times
That article is the first time I ever heard of Jake's & dish. The menus look pretty good. Any place with Fried Green Tomatoes is a place worth trying, IMO.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,007 times
Dish is great! It's a very homey place.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:36 AM

393 posts, read 1,187,313 times
Weird...
I emailed the show that they should go to the Rock House BBQ in Stallings like 6 months ago. That place is AWESOME!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
Weird...
I emailed the show that they should go to the Rock House BBQ in Stallings like 6 months ago. That place is AWESOME!
I've been meaning to try that place. Thanks for the review

Love Guy Fieri, he's one of the only Food Network stars that doesn't make my blood boil!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,400,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

Love Guy Fieri, he's one of the only Food Network stars that doesn't make my blood boil!

He has this thing he does before diving into an oversized burger...it's like he's revving himself up. He studies it...looks at all of his angles...does his kind of a head bob or shuck and jive thing...and then just tears into it with neither shame nor regard for the shirt he's wearing.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
He has this thing he does before diving into an oversized burger...it's like he's revving himself up. He studies it...looks at all of his angles...does his kind of a head bob or shuck and jive thing...and then just tears into it with neither shame nor regard for the shirt he's wearing.
Yeah I've seen him do it at the beginning of his show! It's like a predator sizing up it's prey

Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 AM

393 posts, read 1,187,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Get the lunch special. $5.50. You get a pulled pork sandwich w/ slaw on top, choice of side, and a drink.
I could seriously take a bath in the vinegar sauce its that good...and the Brunswick stew is heaven.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,602,543 times
I like to watch the show but I think it is pretty fake. Guy seems to like everything, I have never heard him say a bad word about anything he has been served. Some of it has to taste bad or at least not be anything special.

I guess it is hard to say anything when the owner/chef is right in front of you but if you rely on this as a honest review of a restaurant, then you are kidding yourself.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:20 AM

416 posts, read 925,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I like to watch the show but I think it is pretty fake. Guy seems to like everything, I have never heard him say a bad word about anything he has been served. Some of it has to taste bad or at least not be anything special.

I guess it is hard to say anything when the owner/chef is right in front of you but if you rely on this as a honest review of a restaurant, then you are kidding yourself.
He is not there to critic the menu or tell his likes and dislikes. He just gives them some publicity. Of course he is going to say everything is great.
What a gig!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte