U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:18 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,668,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post

If you want to pull out the nuclear option, then send a complaint letter to either Sue Myrick, Mel Watt or Larry Kissell (depending on where you live in Charlotte) and copy the bank on it.

Obviously we don't know the details about the complaint, but writing a gov't official because you don't like the service at a Bank is meaningless. It sounds like you just aren't getting the service or rates you want with your premier account. Bah, no one is.. I am all for consumer rights, but it sounds like you have gotten to talk to a few people and no one is making you happy so you want to complain to more people. What do you want them to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 11:35 AM

7,107 posts, read 9,707,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Obviously we don't know the details about the complaint, but writing a gov't official because you don't like the service at a Bank is meaningless. It sounds like you just aren't getting the service or rates you want with your premier account. Bah, no one is.. I am all for consumer rights, but it sounds like you have gotten to talk to a few people and no one is making you happy so you want to complain to more people. What do you want them to do?
Well, I don't know what you mean by "gov't official". If I said that somewhere it's an error.

As far as the bank is concerned their are multiple issues which I can't share in detail here but they include:
1) negotiated interest rate for large deposits. I'm not talking about looking to snag 1/2 or 1/4 but, throw a crumb on the table. If you don't think this is done, think again. All I did was ask at the customer service desk at Citi Bank and they moved .01. Significant in the big picture? Yep, I wouldn't take a nickle or dime out of my pants pocket and throw it in the street.
2) Moving money around in accounts to take full advantage of any change in interest rates. Had that service before. Don't have it now.
3) Having a personal banker. No more.
4) And about 3-4 other issues that I can't get into.

As far as "what do you want them to do?". When I hear it from the highest level I can reach internally and they say they will not do one single thing for me, I will be satisfied that I did my job. I will pick up my bat and ball and play somewhere else.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 AM

4,010 posts, read 8,930,217 times
Quote:
Obviously we don't know the details about the complaint, but writing a gov't official because you don't like the service at a Bank is meaningless.
Uhh. I take it you don't watch the news much. It isn't meaningless when the House is considering HR 1207 and Barney Frank's various bills to greatly tighten regulation on Banks such as BofA (they are specifically mentioned) where the government can come in and wipe out the management if they wish.

Call me crazy, but I think BofA might be particularly sensitive to complaints going to the people who will vote on such things.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:49 AM

7,107 posts, read 9,707,399 times
Quote:
It sounds like you just aren't getting the service or rates you want with your premier account. Bah, no one is

Not 100% correct. HSBC has this service and they trip over themselves for this business. The personal banker will meet you on 15 minutes notice. The PB reports to a VP of Premier service and she doesn't let one thing slip by her. When I went to her and said I did not want sls. ppl., or my PB calling me with "other services" she informed the PB and it was done. No if and or buts.

In summary you're right. I'm not happy as you stated and maybe I'll feel worse at the next level at the bank. We'll see, I'll report back here in a week or 10 days either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or