U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:50 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,729,234 times

Advertisements

[quote=CharlotteCharlotte;11425959]

Also speaking of banking and financial stuff I am amazed at how people claim that the recession is over

Has to be true. Obama just said it.

We have many things going on behind the scenes now that fail to hit the MSM like for instance just last night we had 9 banks fail. See for yourself at FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

This thread is about Charlotte. What do the nine banks have to do with Charlotte's unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 02:11 PM

[quote=CouponJack;11426362]Those people are here and are not contributing, so they still are a drain.

So, is this a question or what?

You said the economy is not doing poorly. I disagree 100%.

Go back and read. I never said that is wasn't doing poorly.

Let me ask you, what is the real unemployment rate in the charlotte region if you include people who lost a business and can't collect, along w/people who have given up looking?

You simply are not getting my point. I am only saying that the unemployment rate in Charlotte contains huge numbers of individuals that were unemployed before coming to Charlotte. Are you denying this? I am not saying that the economy is good. It is very bad. I am just saying that the unemployment numbers in Charlotte are not solely based on Charlotte's economic situation. That is all I am saying. Surely you can understand this.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM

716 posts, read 1,360,691 times
[quote=vindaloo;11426425]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post

This thread is about Charlotte. What do the nine banks have to do with Charlotte's unemployment.

Its a point I am trying to make about what is going on behind the scenes. Put all the pieces of the puzzle together and you will understand

Old 10-31-2009, 02:43 PM

21,986 posts, read 27,287,306 times
Quote:
Also speaking of banking and financial stuff I am amazed at how people claim that the recession is over I think what they are leaving out is that The Great Depression is just beginning and in my opinion it will get much worse than the Great Depression. We have many things going on behind the scenes now that fail to hit the MSM like for instance just last night we had 9 banks fail. See for yourself at FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Oh for pete's sake. How many people have you ever discussed the great depression with who actually lived through it? Based on your posts, I'd say none. Go find some & then base your theories on reality, instead of draping crepe.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:

Its a point I am trying to make about what is going on behind the scenes. Put all the pieces of the puzzle together and you will understand
Are you still in school? You should take a course in debating. You will find that when one is talking specifically about a certain topic (Charlotte), throwing in 'irrelevant' data about events in other places causes one to lose credibility. For example, the banks you referenced are not even in North Carolina. How can they possible be "Pieces of the puzzle" for Charlotte's unemployment or economy?

Old 10-31-2009, 04:06 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,480,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Are you still in school? You should take a course in debating. You will find that when one is talking specifically about a certain topic...throwing in 'irrelevant' data...causes one to lose credibility.
So your little jab at Obama a few posts prior was relevant to the discussion how exactly?

Old 10-31-2009, 04:49 PM

7,109 posts, read 9,739,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
So your little jab at Obama a few posts prior was relevant to the discussion how exactly?
Giving a source that has indicated the recession is over. Who is more qualified than straight from a horse's mouth?

Old 10-31-2009, 05:01 PM

4,010 posts, read 8,947,866 times
I would like to see a link to a news source quoting Obama saying the recession is over. His Secretary of the Treasury certainly wouldn't say it on the news tonight.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Man, you can't figure that out? See post #17 for your answer.

Old 10-31-2009, 05:13 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,899,395 times
Default Sorry...I just had to.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte