U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:20 AM

12,548 posts, read 7,520,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy101 View Post
And yet again, if Netflix didn't hold the new releases so half the time or more you can't get them....I may totally agree, but in my experience with Netflix, I was totally disappointed more than not and I find it hard to believe that there are not many more people experiencing the same type of thing
I haven't been to a Blockbuster in years, but I remember going on Friday nights to rent a new release and Blockbuster being out of it. Its the same way with Netflix, they're not going to have a copy of every movie to go around to every customer, so sometimes you have to wait an extra day or so. I've never had to wait more then 3 days (which is the time it takes for me to watch, return, and then get a new movie in the mail) to get a new release, and in the meantime I just watch another movie on my queue. Its not really that big of a deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 01:06 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,050,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySpice View Post
I think it's a fair assumption to say that most Netflix users are former customers of Blockbuster and other bricks-and-mortar video places, but find the convenience and features of Netflix to outweigh those of Blockbuster.
+1 (moved from Blockbuster to Netflix)
Sometimes will grab a Redbox disc at Harris Teeter.

We find we use the unlimited streaming more than actual disc watching.
Sure, not the Hollywood latest, but lots of documentaries, Indy films and older TV. But we're probably in the minority watching VERY little live network TV .

Old 04-25-2010, 02:37 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,148,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1 (moved from Blockbuster to Netflix)
Sometimes will grab a Redbox disc at Harris Teeter.

We find we use the unlimited streaming more than actual disc watching.
Sure, not the Hollywood latest, but lots of documentaries, Indy films and older TV. But we're probably in the minority watching VERY little live network TV .
I doubt you're in the minority, Mullman. I don't watch much tv, but when I do it's never live. We DVR everything! I know it's not the same as live streaming from Netflix, but I think it won't be long before live tv is a thing of the past. Then they'll have to come up w/another way to sneak in advertisements. I can't even tell you the last time I watched a commercial. It's fabulous!!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,762,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I doubt you're in the minority, Mullman. I don't watch much tv, but when I do it's never live. We DVR everything! I know it's not the same as live streaming from Netflix, but I think it won't be long before live tv is a thing of the past. Then they'll have to come up w/another way to sneak in advertisements. I can't even tell you the last time I watched a commercial. It's fabulous!!
I read/heard some where that for the first time, the internet surpassed conventional TV as the thing they couldn't live without. Meaning if you had to pick one, slightly better than 50% of the people polled chose their computer/internet vs the TV. So I also doubt if your in the minority also.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM

148 posts, read 362,908 times
I've probably posted this previously...

I no longer visit the Blockbuster store, but I do use the Blockbuster By Mail (instead of Netflix). Both services are very similar, but for me the deciding factor was the Netflix charges $2.00 additional per month for Blue-Ray disks... Blockbuster does not.

BB By Mail is also testing sending DVD games as well, so I am looking forward to that.

I have nothing against Netflix (I know many people who use them), and I may switch some time in the future if BB starts having problems. Both services carry the same movies, so there's no winner as far as selection.

I can stream BB movies to my Tivo (and if I had Netflix, I can stream movies to my PS3). Streaming is pretty cool, although only about 10% of the movies are available for both.

My 2 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte