Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 08:40 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Chandler has flashes but needs to bulk up. He gets tossed around alot (which in turn makes him get into foul trouble early) against the more athletic big guys....from what I remember he hardly played against Shaq.....
Nope, you're absolutely right. He barely played and he pulled fouls almost immediately each time he entered the game. Nazr was a much better match up against Oneal. I did wonder though, Chandler started but Brown substituted Nazr for Chandler within the first 30 seconds?? Why not just start Nazr? Is there some rationale behind that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM

370 posts, read 753,095 times
Quote:
The Bobcats are an extremely fun team to watch right now. I'm hooked big time. +1 on the Chemistry. Jack has done that. Making everyone better on the team. He's a 6-7 ball handler/shooter/post up player who can do it all....

Beating the Celts will be a tall order, but they have the confidence....barring a major injury they should be in the playoffs....(I know its EXTREMELY early but they definitely have the right mix)

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is like a whole other team!They have been playing awesome. The Cavs game was incredible.

I hope this is what we need, the chemistry is there and we can head straight to the playoffs!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 AM

82 posts, read 295,209 times
I don't go to Bobcats games or any NBA games as a matter of fact. I'm not paying to watch two over payed guys play one on one while the other 8 stand on the other side of the court and watch. I'd rather watch pee wee basketball it's much more entertaining.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cec311 View Post
I don't go to Bobcats games or any NBA games as a matter of fact. I'm not paying to watch two over payed guys play one on one while the other 8 stand on the other side of the court and watch. I'd rather watch pee wee basketball it's much more entertaining.
Overpaid is an opinion. Whether you like it or not, they (players) are paid what the market will bear. And since people WILL pay big money for merchandise,tickets, & concessions, the market is speaking and saying they are worth that money (its capitalism). If you are insinuating comparing them to schoolteachers or firemen, thats a different argument.

Also, painting the NBA w/a broad brush (saying its just one on one) is wrong IMO. If you've watched any of the Bobcats games for instance you would know that its not all one-on-one.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordysmama View Post
I
I hope this is what we need, the chemistry is there and we can head straight to the playoffs!
its hard not to feel good right now about how their playing. They do have a long way to go, but at least there's something to cheer about...

Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cec311 View Post
I don't go to Bobcats games or any NBA games as a matter of fact. .
Then you are missing out on a great time! I've been to ~15 games over the last 3 seasons since we get a lot of free tickets through work connections. I always have a lot of fun at the game. It's been fun to watch the team evolve over the last 3 seasons. That 35 point victory on Wednesday against the Raptors was awesome at the arena!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 AM

870 posts, read 3,528,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Then you are missing out on a great time! I've been to ~15 games over the last 3 seasons since we get a lot of free tickets through work connections
This says it all - go with the "free" work tickets. Most of us don't get free tickets.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
This says it all - go with the "free" work tickets. Most of us don't get free tickets.
I would buy upper tier seats (which are cheap) and move down at halftime.

I've never been denied before from the ushers who monitor each section....at least you see 1/2 the game close up.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:01 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
I buy more than enough beer and snacks to make up for the "free" tickets.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:13 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
Quote:
I would buy upper tier seats (which are cheap) and move down at halftime.

I've never been denied before from the ushers who monitor each section....at least you see 1/2 the game close up.
OOOOOOooooooooOOOOO!!

You can get tickets for pretty cheap though... IF you wanted to go see a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte