Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 PM

877 posts, read 1,912,000 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm trying to get a feel for how Ayrsley has been doing. We moved to Florida a year ago and have been renting out our furnished townhome in Ayrsley. Our renters just gave us one month notice so we'll need to put it back on the market.

We'd prefer to sell but I don't know how the market is right there, have all the Ryan homes been built/sold? We have a Lennar townhome. I just don't want to go through the trouble of putting it on the market if there is little chance of selling it anytime soon.

We rented it pretty quickly last year because it is furnished and pet-friendly but I know that now we'll be competing with the apartments so it will probably be a lot tougher.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how the housing market is doing in Ayrlsey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM

69 posts, read 263,021 times
I live right in the apartments that have just been built. The Ryan's townhomes are built and they are even building more! Not all of them are sold either. The complex I live at has opened two of the 4 buildings. So they have some pretty good specials and also have carriage homes. I see that they are also building more townhomes by another company. Not sure what the company is called but they are all brick. They are right across from the Lennar townhomes. I would also look on Craigslist and see if there are alot of townhomes for rent on there. That might give you a better feel for whats on the market right now.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:05 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Still building the Ryan homes, so selling will be a tough prospect. The good news is that prices seem to be rebounding some - one of the end unit Ryan townhomes (2 car garage, 2100 sq ft, 3 beds) just sold. It was listed at $191K, not sure what it sold for.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,024 times
We live in the Ryan townhomes; they are still building (and selling) those units. There are also sold signs on two empty lots, so more will be going up in the coming months. Yes the prices on the Ryan homes did drop (but are rebounding a bit) but Ryan also introduced a second floor plan option in the last year (about 1700-1800 sq. feet, compared to the 2100-2400 sq. feet for the original plan) with those smaller units starting in the $140k range. Also, when they dropped the prices on the original model, they did get rid of some of the features that had previously been standard, and the ground floor "bonus room" now comes unfinished at the base price as well. So I think the prices of the newer sales of those homes are going to vary a bit more than they did in the past, depending upon what buyers are adding in.

The new apartments (across King's Parade from the Lennar homes) appear to have a rental price listed of anywhere from $800 - $1300 a month, depending on size, but one or two people on here posted they got a good deal on move-in.

The Calloway townhome units are still selling (not sure if they are done building out) and there are signs up for a set of condos (The Lofts at Ayrsley) closer to the intersection of Kings's Parade and Ayrsley Town Blvd., so they may be breaking ground on those soon as well.

There is also a section toward that end for single family homes, but the one model up makes it look more like a detached townhouse, and I have seen no movement in that part of the development since they put the model up a few months ago.

When we bought, it was about 4 months from the time we signed the paperwork until the time we closed, so in your case, I would think your main selling point is that your house is move-in ready now - we were able to wait, but if someone is looking to move more immediately, your exisiting house would be a positive vs. the Ryan homes. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:31 AM

Thanks everyone. I think we'll probably rent out for another year and wait til the building is done. We can go pretty low on price because we put a big downpayment down but I hate to just give it away and it seems unlikely we'd be able to rent it out anytime soon.

We did love Ayrsley and I was so mad when Red Lion opened up right when we left. We would have been there all the time!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
I was so mad when Red Lion opened up right when we left. We would have been there all the time!
A bunch of us were there all the time for several months after it opened...but its gone downhill a bit. A lot of management and staff changes, and the quality of the food has declined (according to one person we know who works there, new management decided there was not enough profit margin on the food so they kept the menu items but went to cheaper ingrediants).

Old 10-13-2009, 01:45 PM

182 posts, read 824,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
A bunch of us were there all the time for several months after it opened...but its gone downhill a bit. A lot of management and staff changes, and the quality of the food has declined (according to one person we know who works there, new management decided there was not enough profit margin on the food so they kept the menu items but went to cheaper ingrediants).
I so know that this wasn't the main reson behind the thread- but you mentioned Red Lion- went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and food was good, but the drinks will have me coming back! Great bar and NO SMOKING!!! Perfect atmosphere....

Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contreras-21 View Post
I so know that this wasn't the main reson behind the thread- but you mentioned Red Lion- went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and food was good, but the drinks will have me coming back! Great bar and NO SMOKING!!! Perfect atmosphere....
Feel free to talk about Red Lion all you want. I truly, truly loved it.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,811 times
Hello,
I am a real estate agent and live in Ayrsley myself. You are making a good decision by waiting to put your townhome on the market. I had a Lennar townhome on the market last year (when the market just began to slow down) and it couldn't compete with the Ryan townhomes for buyers then. Let alone now. Builder's are offering such great incentives right now that it makes it very tough to compete with a resale. As an inside tip...there have been some (resale) townhomes in there that have been on the market over a year or a year and a half.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 AM

Just a note that a set of Ryan homes is now up and framed that is a third floorplan. These are only two floors (as opposed to three floors) and are starting in the $130k range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: