Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 AM

575 posts, read 1,515,361 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone purchased a turkey for Thanksgiving from Bojangles in the past. We moved from the northeast last summer and saw these same adds last year and think that its an odd place to pick up your holiday meal. Am I missing something here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 11:51 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
I do like Bojangles for my very rare fast-food meal and have often thought the same as you - a spicy Turkey just does not sound yummy. I will await to hear from others.

/listening/

Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
DH and I first visited Charlotte apartment hunting the day after last Thanksgiving. We walked in to the Bojangles next to the Marriott in Matthews and the place smelled 'funny" and and we turned on our heels and walked right out. We have never once returned to a Bojangles since we moved here last December. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

I can however recommend the Boston Market takeout Thanksgiving. A friend of mine brought it in and it was tasty...not quite homemade, but good nonetheless.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Mmmm.. Bojangles

Their turkey's are fried, which is a common variation here. I've never had it but I do love their chicken and pintos.

FY1- Bojangles is a local company! The first one opened in Charlotte in 1977.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:54 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
We walked in to the Bojangles next to the Marriott in Matthews and the place smelled 'funny" and and we turned on our heels and walked right out. We have never once returned to a Bojangles since we moved here last December. Yuck Yuck Yuck.
LOL, maybe it is a Southern thing just as I don't understand or appreciate the Northern 'Grinder'. I have had 'Grinders' in NYC, Boston, and several towns in Maine, and honestly, I cannot eat them (My wife is from Boston). Too many green peppers and onions for my personal preference on a sandwich.

Bojangles is a great FF place, but I just don't eat that type of stuff more than 1-2x a month. When we picnic or camp we do get Bo-Jo or KFC and completely enjoy it.

Actually this week some friends and I are fishing on Cape Lookout for 4 nights.
We will take lots of BoJo chicken to toss in the cooler in case we do not get that great of a catch.

A night shot I took in 2006 from the Cape:

Last edited by mullman; 11-13-2008 at 01:13 PM..

Old 11-13-2008, 01:31 PM

416 posts, read 927,611 times
I've never had it but I have heard nothing but good things from people who have had it. Fried turkey is really good and Bojangles has great food. I would be shocked if you ordered it and didn't like it.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Last year was the first year our Family had Fried Turkey and it was from Bojangles and I would do it again.
My first thought oh it must be some meal in a box with a huge leg lol but it isnt.
It is a whole turkey that has been fried.
It doesnt have that huge skin layer that you get on chicken.
It does absorb the flavor in the meat than roasted turkey.
Once you get use to it not as tender you really enjoy it and it isnt as spicy as you will find in other bojangle chicken.
If you are having a regular size family gathering order one
If it larger order two.
I like leftover turkey for lunch etc and one bird didnt cut it

Old 11-13-2008, 01:46 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,698,512 times
I am not sure about Bojangle's turkey. But I do know about Boston Market's. I bought it last year, with all the good fixin's. It was delicious!! Highly recommended.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Bojangles chicken is plenty good but their sides are terrible! Well, except for the Bo Rounds, those are great! KFC has good sides but lousy chicken since they have strayed from the Colonel's way. If only they would merge and keep the chicken from Bo J. and the sides from KFC I would be all set for a good meal.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,579 times
Boston market has the best sides off all the fast food chains
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte