Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 11:44 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,335 times

Advertisements

Hi guys! Just wondering if there are any theaters here that have a dinner/drinks/movie thing, where you get "real" food and eat in the movie?

Husband and I went to Ballantyne Village theater last week somewhat expecting that (swore I read it somewhere! ) but were a little disappointed. Basically they had some beer and mini-wine bottles for sale, and egg rolls, but really just standard movie theater food! Their "luxury seating" was comfy, but probably not worth the extra $4 or whatever.

I've never been to a dinner/movie theater, but I know I've heard of them in other cities where it's really more of an actual meal and something fun to do for a date. Any ideas for around here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 11:51 AM

174 posts, read 403,785 times
Go to the Epicentre Theater Uptown. It's a great venue. Dinner/ Movie/ Bar/ Club all in one. The later you can go on a weekend night the better. Depending on where you live, you can even ride the train to the facility.

EpiCentre Theaters

Old 11-04-2009, 11:51 AM

1,149 posts, read 934,135 times
You can go to the movie theatre at the EpiCenter uptown.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:24 PM

Does the Epicenter theater have dinner too? Or, do you just mean that there are plenty of restaurants?

One thing we liked about Ballantyne is that is was mostly adults... is the Epicenter going to be filled with loud, drunk 20-somethings? (sometimes I'm a loud, drunk 20-something too... but not when I go to the movies )

Old 11-04-2009, 12:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
you can take your plate in to watch

Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
If you need to get away to one of the oldest in the usa dinner theatre
Barn Door in Greensboro might be an option. They have broadway plays while you eat.
Dinner Theatre at The Barn... Dinner and a Broadway Play, Dining and Live Entertainment

Old 11-04-2009, 01:00 PM

174 posts, read 403,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryGirl View Post
Does the Epicenter theater have dinner too? Or, do you just mean that there are plenty of restaurants?

One thing we liked about Ballantyne is that is was mostly adults... is the Epicenter going to be filled with loud, drunk 20-somethings? (sometimes I'm a loud, drunk 20-something too... but not when I go to the movies )
If you look at that link I provided closely, there is a tab for food and drinks. It then will show you the restaurant option, Mez. It's actually in the same venue as the Movies. Like sunny said, you can take your plate right in the movie with you, or relax and enjoy the meal in their nice dining room or on the patio.

It's not a drunk and disorderly crowd at all. It's really rather sophisticated. Like most places Uptown, they have a dress code to enter. No one under 21 is allowed to enter after 7 PM. I would also recommend going online to get your tickets ahead of time. You can actually select the specific seat you want to sit in.

Here's a link to the adjoining restaurant: MEZ

If you haven't been to the epicentre yet, go. It's a very nice entertainment option for the Queen City.

Hope you have fun!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbyChoice View Post
If you look at that link I provided closely, there is a tab for food and drinks. It then will show you the restaurant option, Mez. It's actually in the same venue as the Movies. Like sunny said, you can take your plate right in the movie with you, or relax and enjoy the meal in their nice dining room or on the patio.

It's not a drunk and disorderly crowd at all. It's really rather sophisticated. Like most places Uptown, they have a dress code to enter. No one under 21 is allowed to enter after 7 PM. I would also recommend going online to get your tickets ahead of time. You can actually select the specific seat you want to sit in.

Here's a link to the adjoining restaurant: MEZ

If you haven't been to the epicentre yet, go. It's a very nice entertainment option for the Queen City.

Hope you have fun!
Oh, thanks for the links, I actually didn't see the one in the first post! I think we will check out the Epicentre, not really into clubs so we haven't gone but I think the theater/Mex combo sounds nice! That's great that you can pick your seats too! The way I see it, movies and snacks are already so expensive, if we can get good food and drinks instead it's worth it!

Thanks guys!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
Great theater, incredible sound. And the theaters are relatively small which is nice too. And the location and price keeps out the riff raff - you won't have a bunch of idiots talking or texting on the cel phones.

Each seat has a little side tray to hold food and a big drink holder. And each pair of seats has the tray on the opposite side...so when you're with a date the two of you can snuggle up.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:07 AM

43 posts, read 134,373 times
There is a dinner theater in Pineville. Not sure if this is what you want.

The Pineville Dinner Theater

Also, one in Fort Mill.

NarroWay Productions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte